Road Glide banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Let us know the route, I would love to try to intersect your path and maybe share a meal. We should be settled by then if you would want to see beautiful podunk Southern Indiana!!!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
On again off again Doctors appointments , Virus you name it. As of 1 hour ago it seems we are good to go. The Club Lodges at Trillium emailed me they are expecting us and there should be no problems. NC had extended the lock down until June 1st but now it seems they are moving ahead with their Phase 2. Meaning they will be open for our reservations.
We had planned on stay on the edge of Cincinnati on the way down. There is a motel we really like in Harrsion. We decide to get a little farther that day and stay south of Lexington KY. On the way back we will stay in Harrison OH.
More than just fun this trip will be educational for her. They study these areas but nothing liking seeing them . She will visit New found gap, Deals gap and many other areas. Full dose of history coming her way. Bridal Vale falls in Highland. And other water falls in NC. She will also be going to the Stampede dinner show in Dollywood. When I told her everyone eats dinner with their hands she said " I have to go there" I think she will love the show.
I know the Dragon is no big deal for some. We have ridden a 100 times. For Payton this will be a dream come true. She has seen the pictures. She wants to get her Dragon sticker and put it on the sidecar.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Congrats Smitty!
Sounds like You have a Great Trip in store with Your Grand Kids.
Enjoy The Special Time.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
This year will see a lot of changes. Normally every year wife and I on the bike to TN for a couple weeks end of May. Wife is retiring June 12th . This will be the first time we trailer-ed any bike. We are taking Payton with us and this seems like a better way to go. The sidecar will be on the trailer to get there. Due to Payton's doctors appointments we had to change the dates 3 times . We ran out of time to stay where we wanted in TN so we will stay in Cashiers NC. Little out of the way but we can still get in the rides we planned. Plan is mess around a bit on the way down and get there the 19th of June.
We are really looking forward to Payton seeing the Smoky Mountains and the missing link bridge. Not far from Maggie Valley wheels through time, she wants to see an old sidecar. And ride behind the water fall at Highland NC. Laid the law down on the doctors no more changes until we get back.
Heavy rain in Roanoke area last week and parts of the Blue Ridge have washed out. Be careful and check the Blue Ridge Web for the mileposts of the closures.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I just got back from Tellico Plains, TN last night. All the tourist roads are hopping. If you get to the Tellico Plains side of the Cherohala Skyway, I recommend riding River road and a stop at Bald River Falls. Also, the Tellico Beach drive-in serves up real good burgers and dogs with ice cream for desert at prices that won't hurt the wallet. Cash only. I had lunch one day in Murphy, NC and they were still under takeout only orders.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
W decided to take the wheel chair that we modified to fit the sidecar and her normal chair both with us. that meant the normal one had to ride on the trail. No cover we could find would work for it. Picked up an out door grill cover that was way to big. With Kale's help folded it to fit. Put snaps in it and some grommets and it works. It keeps water out.

https://flic.kr/p/2j5hauD
https://flic.kr/p/2j5exPB

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
I must remain cool . Seems NC governor likes games. Now Phase two will pick and choose who can open even under limited admissions. As of now the resort is not on his approved list .

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Time to consider other options just in case NC does not open up.
Anyone recommendation for cabin or what ever that will sleep 2 adults and two 11 year old . It must be a good place. All the years we have gone to the area we always stayed at the same place and it is booked. At least TN is open.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Still waiting to see what NC does. looking at options in TN. Found out the way manufacture set up plate mount was not legal in TN so making a new mount so plate we be horizontal .
Going a bit nuts I am ready to get on the road.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts