Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How The FUCK do you reset the trip summary??????

I'm normally the guy who fixes everybody else's technology issues but the fucking software in this piece of shit Boom 6.5GT GPS is unbelievably retarded.

Firmware is current. No active routes. no saved trips etc etc. When you go into the side menu on the Map page and go to trip summary there's 2 pages with all the info about last trip but no way at all to reset the trip so you can get on with your life without endless scrolling through menus with stiff drink in hand and wondering if you're losing your shit!!!!

TIA Graeme

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No disrespect to Ryan and his videos but they're not the solution. The software is buggy and very poorly thought out. In answer to my original question tho' there's no menu option to delete a past trip, however, once you start a new trip it will overwrite the old one......... crap software right there. I love my bike but HD have dealt all touring bike owners a big fat slap in the face trying to pass this Nav Software off as something usable. I'll be using my phone and google maps in future for route planning.

Ride safe guys

Cheers Graeme

·
Registered
399 Posts
Is the Boom nav software intuitive? Not really. However, if you treat it like a nav system and not like your phone maps, you will find it useable. It's saved my bacon a few times and it took a lot of use to get comfortable with it but after 12k miles last year I can use it pretty comfortably now. That said, the trip summary is useless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Actually, I really like the summary page even though it could be better. I used it to determine my fuel efficiency at different speeds. But you are right - you have to stop the trip, then restart the trip in order to get new data. I had to do that several times to get several fuel readings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts