Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the thread on the best state, I want to do a trip to Utah. Any suggestions on how long the trip should take, best roads, things to see, summer time weather conditions, hotels, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Need to talk to someone more local, but if I ever get the chance to go back to Utah, Moab and the Arches National Park would probably be a cool place to visit; about six hours from Denver. Speaking of Denver, I'll be staying there July 28th on my way to Canada. Hoping to find something cool to see there (dispensary lol)?

·
Registered
152 Posts
After reading the thread on the best state, I want to do a trip to Utah. Any suggestions on how long the trip should take, best roads, things to see, summer time weather conditions, hotels, etc.

Thanks
Sent you a private message on the roads I took last year through Utah starting at St George and up to Moab. This part of our guys trip took 3 days and was amazing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need to talk to someone more local, but if I ever get the chance to go back to Utah, Moab and the Arches National Park would probably be a cool place to visit; about six hours from Denver. Speaking of Denver, I'll be staying there July 28th on my way to Canada. Hoping to find something cool to see there (dispensary lol)?
Don't worry about the cool things to see--- they are almost as common as Starbucks here :laugh:

·
Registered
601 Posts
you could come across 40 to duschene,go south over indian canyon,over scofield reservoir to fairview.south to torrey,good place to stop(el diablo for dinner).then south up to boulder,good burger shop.ride the devils backbone to escalente.bryce canyon is near.to complete circle go to page az,cortez and your on the way home-- or at panguitch go north on 89 to 70 to get home-or at duschene go over wolf creek to hanna,kamas-then up mirror lake highway to evanston wyo.north on 89 to woodruff ut.go west over monte cristo to huntsville ut.--if you want stay on 89 out of evanston wyo north on 89 to cokeville wy. to soda springs ida.east end of soda,road goes north to freedom wyo,89 to jackson hole,dubois,riverton and home--when are you planning trip.getting beer is no problem

·
Registered
891 Posts
Start by planning a couple of trips as there is too much to see in just one. Coming up from Flagstaff on 89, pass the Vermillion CLiffs and hit the north rim of the Grand Canyon, head over to Mt Carmel Junction then out and back through Zion National Park. Back to 89, take the loop through Dixie National Forest come out at PAnguitch then drop back down 89 to Hwy 12 to catch Bryce, Escalante and Capital Reef National parks. HAnksville up to I-70 then back down to Arches National Park and if time permits make sure to see Canyonlands National Park (Camping there is amazing) Out of Moab take 128 along the Colorado River back up towards Cisco. Take as many back roads as you can don't be afraid to take some of the dirt roads (but be smart about it - check with locals and be prepared to be self sufficient) And even then you'll miss so much. Next trip - focus on the northern end of the state. And keep us posted with your trip and lots of pictures.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Used to live and ride in Utah--no shortage of mind-blowing scenery. Tips? Sure, a million. For people who haven't ridden there and don't know how incredibly huge it is, the one thing I keep saying is: KNOW YOUR BIKE'S MPGs. And maybe take extra gas. Unless you're within five miles of I-15, cell coverage and gas stations are sparse. Unlike in the east, I-70 is desolate and mostly void of services except for Salina at I-15 junction and Green River near US-191. Not sure where you're coming from or going to, but here's the a la carte for incredible rides:

Southwest: Zion Natl Park (St George-Hurricane-Mt Carmel Junction)
South: Grand Staircase/Hell's Backbone (Cedar City-Brian Head-Panguitch-Bryce-Escalante-Boulder-Fruita/Torrey)
Central: Skyline Drive (Fairview-Scofield-Colton/US6)
East: Arches (Green River-Moab-Arches Natl Park)
North: Bear Lake Loop (Ogden-Garden City-Woodruff-Huntsville-Ogden)

Maybe find a way to string them together. Each is a gem in itself and worth the time. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Rode it last August

If you can, ride on US 89a from Flagstaff, AZ through the Grand Canyon over the the mountain to Washington, UT. It's a awesome scenic route, especially when the sun is shinning.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
In hail and driving rain all the way. Froze our asses off on that mountain.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
PM me if you need help planning a route. I'd always suggest running the BIG5 National Parks, highway 12, highway 95, and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. You won't be disappointed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts