Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After looking at the video on the Harley clothes website showing the triple vent jacket in action, wind going in and out vents dramatization, I recently purchased the Men's Triple Vent System Evolution Waterproof Leather Jacket. $595 is a lot of money for a jacket in my opinion.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/evolution-waterproof-leather-jacket
look at the little pictures at the bottom of the big picture then scroll to the last one on the right, looks like a highway in Utah, its a video.

see the wind going through the vents?

Well, I get no wind through my vents. I ride an 09 FLTR. Coming home the other night it was in the 40's and I thought this would be a good test. Because if cold air was going through the vents I would feel it.

So Stopped and took out the liner, opened all the vents, zipped jacket back up, and went down the road. I was a little colder, after all no liner. but there sure was no breeze that I could feel.

When I got home re-watched the video and noticed all the bikes were Electraglide's. And the air went under the edge of the fairing and then straight into the jacket vent. Since I have a roadglide fairing maybe that explains why I did not get a breeze.

Anyone else have any experience or comments. I really like the jacket, but I could have gotten a cheaper one without the vents!

Thanks.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I recently bought the beginnings tripple vent. I too, had a tough time spending the money, but I waited until the dealer was having a 20% off sale.

I bought it for the fit more than anything. It's almost like the jacket was custom made for me. I had the vents open, and could definatly feel the air, as it was cold out. I am anxious to try it when the weather gets warmer. We have not broke 70deg yet.

I haven't seen the video you are referring to, but I do think the jacket was introduced to work hand in hand with the Rushmore batwing vents.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have a tourmaster transition 3 jacket which has a ton of venting in it and I can tell you that it gets very little air moving through it, I have a 13 rgu with a madstad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts