Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got some 10" chubby apes today and I took the bike apart and sit on it with the 10" in the clamp and it feel way stupid.I still feel like my arms are straight and Im leaning forward, I had 12.5" chubbys on my roadking and it was just shy of shoulder height where my grips were, This aint even close. Its hard to measure by yourself but I sit a 3 3/4" can on the clamp and my sit my 10" bars on top of it and it feels pretty good. Is there that much difference in a 09 roadking and a roadglide as far as bars and the way you sit? I hate to order 14" bars and they get here and they are way to tall. Plus its gonna cost me 20 bucks each way to do a exchange. I guess I can say I am freakin tired of this crap already. any suggestions or past experience would be appreciated. Just a note Its 150 miles round trip to the nearest harley dealership and Im pretty much in the middle of no where. I buy almost everything online.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Interesting . I would think they would be close . Same frame and all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey I got some 10" chubby apes today and I took the bike apart and sit on it with the 10" in the clamp and it feel way stupid.I still feel like my arms are straight and Im leaning forward, I had 12.5" chubbys on my roadking and it was just shy of shoulder height where my grips were, This aint even close. Its hard to measure by yourself but I sit a 3 3/4" can on the clamp and my sit my 10" bars on top of it and it feels pretty good. Is there that much difference in a 09 roadking and a roadglide as far as bars and the way you sit? I hate to order 14" bars and they get here and they are way to tall. Plus its gonna cost me 20 bucks each way to do a exchange. I guess I can say I am freakin tired of this crap already. any suggestions or past experience would be appreciated. Just a note Its 150 miles round trip to the nearest harley dealership and Im pretty much in the middle of no where. I buy almost everything online.
I have black carliniis evil apes thewhere 14 they sit nice.. They are also for sale..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts