Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I received the HDPDPLUS2 iPod interface that I ordered directly from Iron Cross. I installed it over the weekend and to my dismay it does not appear to be working. The factory Harmon Kardon head unit does not recognize it and I’ve tried two different iPhones and an iPod, no luck with either and none of them are charging. I have checked and confirmed the following;

• I’m certain that the T connectors are properly connected to the wires associated with pins 19 and 20 on the 23 pin wire harness, I confirmed proper connection with a low voltage circuit tester.
• The current radio software version is V8.250
• I’ve tried by connecting to both the saddle bag extension (long) cable and the glove box (short) cable that comes with the standard HDPDPLUS2.
• I’ve connecting before and after turning the radio on and disconnecting and connecting while the radio is on…nothing happens.

One strange thing I’ve noticed is that with the ignition turned off, when I’ve unplugged the 35 pin HDPDPLUS2 harness the iPhone that was plugged in at the time lit up (recognizing something) when messing around with the harness I noticed that if I lightly wiggle the connector (without it being fully inserted or clicked in) the charging symbol (on the iPhone) momentarily displays and then disappears. I can replicate this often but cannot hold the connector in such a way as to keep the charging symbol on. I have not however been able to replicate this with the ignition and thus the radio powered up.

I don’t expect that the issue is with the HK head unit so it appears to me that I may have received a faulty iPod Interface.
Is there anyone out there with similar experience? I was really looking forward to having my old iPhone loaded up with music and connected to my audio system, I’ll take any input I can get.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Interface

Yes I'm having problems also,the guy who builds them sent me a cable,that didn't work,then my radio started to act up,got a new one worked for awhile then quit again, he sent me another unit but I haven't changed it yet. It's prolly your cable they told me there was a few bad ones.the customer service has been good, the problem is taking the fairing on and off to chase this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I sent Iron Cross an email detailing the problem and they responded very quickly indicating that they are sending me another unit (no questions asked). I'm very impressed by their customer service, a little annoyed about the unit not working out of the box, having to wait for my new toy, and most of all having to open and button up my fairing and then remove it again when the new one comes but I guess shit happens. Thumbs up for Iron Cross's service though!

·
Registered
769 Posts
As with anything, people included, you may not know it's bad until you try to use it. Glad iron cross is taking care of the problem. Love the interface and haven't had any issues with mine.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Many ones work but other have issues. Did my homework before buying my end up with the HD unit just because don't like to do the same work twice.
Hat off to Iron Cross customer service. From every reported issue they were taking care.
Hope next one work for you...

·
Registered
144 Posts
My story is not so good. Although Iron Audio was quick to respond all that customer service does not help if the problem is not resolved. I had the unit installed for nearly a year and then it stopped working. The HK would not recognize the unit. Sent it to Iron Cross and they said there was no problem with the unit and sent it back with a new cable. I reinstalled the unit and now it is recognized but quits after 30-60 seconds. What a PITA dealing with the fairing.

#sigh - It was so nice when it worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts