Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it says...having trouble with the new fang chin spoiler on my 18 RGS. Anyone else have trouble getting this thing on? I cant get it to line up to save my A$$. Seems like the whole fairing needs to come UP about a 1/4 of an inch. I have followed instructions about installing oil cooler cover first and that seems stupid. Cannot understand how to get the top side portions to go up and out enough to slide the 2 together. Just doesn't want to work. I installed the top portion on just to see if it lines up with the bottom of the fairing and it looks pretty good - no gaps.
I also read the section (few lines) about aligning fairing but I cant see the under fairing being moved up that much.

Has anyone had any trouble with these?

·
Registered
656 Posts
If you take your outer fairing off and take your headlight assembly out. Once you do that, you should see the 4 bolts that hold the bulk of the fairing weight. If you loosen those (don't remove them!) you may be able to shift the whole fairing upwards a little.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you take your outer fairing off and take your headlight assembly out. Once you do that, you should see the 4 bolts that hold the bulk of the fairing weight. If you loosen those (don't remove them!) you may be able to shift the whole fairing upwards a little.
Just what I was looking for. Thank you. Is this what the amp sits on? Or below that?
Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes this is what the amp sits at least for installing a Rockford Fosgate after market system. It slides into the slot right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Looking forward to those pictures.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Like has been said already; where are the pics man?? lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks good man! Great job and glad you were able to get everything lined up and on. The end result was worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
That looks killer!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks awesome! I am looking to do that to my 2016 RGS, I want to add the Lindby Magnumbar to replace my stock highway bars. Anyone know if those would interfere with the fang spoiler?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know if that spoiler will fit on a 2015? The fitment in the P&A catalog says 2017 and up, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on any Rushmore RG, unless the oil cooler on the Twin Cam bikes is different than on the M8 bikes. Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Does anyone know if that spoiler will fit on a 2015? The fitment in the P&A catalog says 2017 and up, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on any Rushmore RG, unless the oil cooler on the Twin Cam bikes is different than on the M8 bikes. Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

Twin cam oil cooler is smaller and sits at a different angle than the M8 cooler.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Twin cam oil cooler is smaller and sits at a different angle than the M8 cooler.
Thanks. I took another stroll through the P&A catalog too look at oil cooler covers shortly after I posted my question, and that confirmed my suspicion that they are indeed different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts