Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the TruBeam LED headlight onto my 2017 RGS yesterday and finally got a chance to ride at nite on the way home from work. Unbelievable difference from the stock Daymaker and the distance on high beam and low beam is amazing. The best part I noticed was that I now have more light on the outside of the road like my 06 Electra Glide Standard without having spotlights on this bike. The light output is amazing and I didn't have to adjust the headlight out of the box which really was a great surprise. I had to change the elevation on the stock daymakers from day one but this new upgrade is simply an awesome upgrade. I recently also upgraded from the Dynamic Ringz to the new Pro Beam version and with this light I am amazed at how poorly the stock daymakers were. I did see some posts about how well the spread of the lights were at nite and since I work offshift it's a great upgrade and would be great if HD would put this on the new Road Glides.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Thanks for the review. Sounds like it may be worth the money.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I keep holding out on this. I know if I get it, the "adaptive" one will come out a few months later. And it is a pricey light, but sounds like a good upgrade especially if you do a lot of night riding.

Reactions: ALMOONEY

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone found this cheaper than MSRP???

Everywhere I've looked it's always $799......

Just wondering...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just installed the TruBeam LED headlight onto my 2017 RGS yesterday and finally got a chance to ride at nite on the way home from work. Unbelievable difference from the stock Daymaker and the distance on high beam and low beam is amazing. The best part I noticed was that I now have more light on the outside of the road like my 06 Electra Glide Standard without having spotlights on this bike. The light output is amazing and I didn't have to adjust the headlight out of the box which really was a great surprise. I had to change the elevation on the stock daymakers from day one but this new upgrade is simply an awesome upgrade. I recently also upgraded from the Dynamic Ringz to the new Pro Beam version and with this light I am amazed at how poorly the stock daymakers were. I did see some posts about how well the spread of the lights were at nite and since I work offshift it's a great upgrade and would be great if HD would put this on the new Road Glides.
Care to post up a pick of that sucker? I'd like to see that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are those offered in a black out version as well? Pics would be great. How was the install?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The version I bought has a black chrome inside or you can get chrome. As for the install it was straight plug in for stock headlight connector. Theres also two separate leads for each turn signal side with a built in regulator. I just had to do a basic bcm reset which are in the instructions provided. The price of our stock daymakers is $700.00 so the asking price is more than reasonable considering the lifetime warranty with Custom Dynamics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics of

Heres a couple pics I took inside the garage with a small digital camera since I should have posted some sooner. Got some storms rolling thru the next few days basically like Laconia Bike Week weather..... First is the headlight off, then on low beam, next on high beam, last two with turn signals going. Hope these help out some more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
How about pics of the throw down the road? I know it's kinda hard to tell by pics, but every little bit helps sway someone

·
Registered
30 Posts
How about pics of the throw down the road? I know it's kinda hard to tell by pics, but every little bit helps sway someone
It would be even cooler if you could do the "PEPSI" Challenge with a stock Road Glide Side by Side at night!!!

Just an "enlightening" idea!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Heres a couple pics I took inside the garage with a small digital camera since I should have posted some sooner. Got some storms rolling thru the next few days basically like Laconia Bike Week weather..... First is the headlight off, then on low beam, next on high beam, last two with turn signals going. Hope these help out some more.
These help a lot...thank you for taking the time to post them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently visited a local dealer in my area and surprisingly the parts guy said that he didn’t think their was $800.00 worth of difference between the stock headlights that came on my 2019 and the Custom Dynamics. While this was very surprising to me coming from a Harley parts guy I thought back to this post to re-visit it to see what year bike the author had....is there a difference in the OEM headlight between a ‘17 and ‘19 RGS?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I recently visited a local dealer in my area and surprisingly the parts guy said that he didn’t think their was $800.00 worth of difference between the stock headlights that came on my 2019 and the Custom Dynamics. While this was very surprising to me coming from a Harley parts guy I thought back to this post to re-visit it to see what year bike the author had....is there a difference in the OEM headlight between a ‘17 and ‘19 RGS?
I don't think there is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Headlight hasn't changed even for the 2020 road glides. Got a coworker that just picked up a 2020 FLTRXS in River Rock and he'll be switching to the Tru Beam since he works 3rd shift.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts