Road Glide banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
....is there a difference in the OEM headlight between a ‘17 and ‘19 RGS?
I don't think there is a difference from 15 to 20. I had mine out of my 19 to install the amp and it was the same exact thing as my 16.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just looked on their site and it shows 799,did you call them or have a discount code? thanks
I have bought a lot of parts from them. They have always beaten everybody else's price on everything I was looking for.

Carol Burkes (Smarty) told me about them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does anyone have first hand knowledge comparing the 15 - 20 standard headlight setup to the Tru Beam? I don't ride much at night but I went for a nippy jaunt a couple of nights ago and I'm not impressed with the stock headlight - but I could be expecting too much. And I even have the faring mounted fog lights and the Ciro LED front signals - and the Fang light for that matter.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Does anyone have first hand knowledge comparing the 15 - 20 standard headlight setup to the Tru Beam? I don't ride much at night but I went for a nippy jaunt a couple of nights ago and I'm not impressed with the stock headlight - but I could be expecting too much. And I even have the faring mounted fog lights and the Ciro LED front signals - and the Fang light for that matter.
Did you adjust your headlight? They come set low on most bikes.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I know they show you a side by side comparison on the Custom Dynamics website, but personally I have no first hand experience. I have talked to a few people that had the headlight and they all felt it was the cat's ass of an upgrade. I got one on my list of "I wants". Just gotta find a price that makes me feel good about forkin out the dough.

Looks killer, do you have to use the turn signals I would rather not?
There is a connector for the Halos that routes up to the top of the fairing and will tee into the stock wiring for the front turn signals and running lamps. If you don't want the turn signal portion of the headlight to work just make sure to remove the brown wire from the connector on the right and the purple from the left side. That's it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the tru beam headlight on my Raider sitting in a Moriah Headwinds bucket. It’s the best headlight I’ve ever ridden with. Worth 700 bones? That would be up to you.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I know they show you a side by side comparison on the Custom Dynamics website, but personally I have no first hand experience. I have talked to a few people that had the headlight and they all felt it was the cat's ass of an upgrade. I got one on my list of "I wants". Just gotta find a price that makes me feel good about forkin out the dough.

There is a connector for the Halos that routes up to the top of the fairing and will tee into the stock wiring for the front turn signals and running lamps. If you don't want the turn signal portion of the headlight to work just make sure to remove the brown wire from the connector on the right and the purple from the left side. That's it.
Thanks a lot , looks like I will have to add this to my “ wants “ list as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced my 2010 R-G stock headlights with true beam got them from direct cycle for 639.96 had to use custom dynamics to get the hi lo halo adapter 49.90 for 2 but it allows the high beam and low beam on at same time when on high beam position they are awesome thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I just bought one from Custom Dynamics ebay store. They had it listed for $574 obo. I offered 375 thinking they would decline but they took it. It does have a small scuff on the bottom of the lens but it won't show. It is chrome and I wanted black but hopefully I can learn to live with it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
would be great if HD would put this on the new Road Glides.
So you want the MoCo to add $800 headlights to the Road Glide, the next guy wants them to make $1500 worth of front and rear suspension upgrades at the factory, another guy wants a better seat, another wants heated grips stock...so how much should we expect to pay for this Road Glide Standard now?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts