Road Glide banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2008 and looking for True dual, 1-piece, full length exhaust. Is Vance & Hines big shots true duels the only ones? Love the sound of these and the way they bark but not sure I could get used to the small tips.

Does anyone else make any that are 1 piece and I like loud.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Have a 2008 and looking for True dual, 1-piece, full length exhaust. Is Vance & Hines big shots true duels the only ones? Love the sound of these and the way they bark but not sure I could get used to the small tips.

Does anyone else make any that are 1 piece and I like loud.

Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure what you mean by 1 piece with respect to true duals. Can you elaborate?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The only one I know of besides the V&H Big Shot Duals is the Cobra Speedster Xtra Longs. But again, they are the 2.5" pipes like the V&H and they both run along the right side of the bike. They look just like the V&H Big Shots Long on a softail. They are also going to hang lower than any other system, with both pipes (5 inches of pipes plus the space between them) on the same side below the bag. So cornering clearance on right hand turns might become an issue.

If you really want true duals, why not get the V&H Dresser Duals or Cobra True Duals? Then you have your choice of mufflers, size, and sound.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you want bark and true duals look at the V&H Big Radius pipes. I run them, they are loud and look amazing on the RG, I think there may even be a set for sale in the classifieds here.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
I used the V&H Big Shot True Duals on my 08 and they look and sound great if you like VERY LOUD.
On the 08 and earlier touring models the Big Shots are a complete pipe for each cylinder the front cylinder is on the right side of the bike and the rear cylinder has a left side exit and is on the left side. This exhaust also shows off the engine a lot better then having both pipes exit on the right side.
After running the pipes for 5+ years I wanted to quiet the bike down so I went with V&H Dresser Duals and Monster Round mufflers.
The Big Shots were obnoxiously loud and I did install the quiet baffles but they hardly made a difference.
I still have the Big Shots and I would like to get rid of them but it would be real difficult to box them up and shipping cost would be outrageous so I been thinking of throwing them in the trash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.