Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I test drove, and subsequently bought an '09 bagger, I thought the new chassis was the greatest thing since sliced bread. All was well until about the 15,000 mile point. In high speed corners(say 70-75MPH) I began to get that old familiar feeling of my old '92 FLHS. That is, the "bagger wobble", "rear steer", pick your favorite term. Apparently, my rubber mounts have developed enough slop to let the rear end wiggle a little. Not near as bad as my old bike, but there nonetheless.

There are not many supplemental braces for the '09 up frames, but found that True-Track makes one, and I decided to give it a try. Wasn't cheap, but the unit is extremely well made, fit perfectly, and wasn't at all hard to install.

Have put about 600 miles of twisties on it so far, and the difference was immediately apparent. I used a very familiar stretch of road, as my test medium, and on corners that caused wobble at 70-75, I now have none at 75-80. Very happy. I was concerned that another motor attachment would transmit more vibration to the frame, but so far, that hasn't happened, which is a pleasant surprise.

No complaints, other than sticker shock; but then again, quality is usually not cheap.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I put one a my 2011 , when I did people told me I was crazy and didn't need it but it has made the bike much more stable, I never had the dreaded bagger wobble but my bike at 70mph and above speeds felt a little loose, 1st time it happened I thought I had a rear tire going down and pulled over , it was a uneasy feeling and True Trak cured it so to me it was money well spent

1 - 2 of 2 Posts