Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently purchased my 13 cvo glide which was a great improvement from my SG.My question is I took off my rinehart 4"; trueduals and want to put them on my RG, can I just bolt them up or do I have to get an auto turner. On my SG I did dyno programmer and all kinds of stuff. Wanted to stay away from costly downloads and dyno. Any input would be great

· Registered
7,522 Posts
No need to re-tune if your just doing the exhaust even if you use decatted head pipes the bike 02 sensors and stock ECM will adjust the AFR.
If you do intake or cam mods along with or after the exhaust upgrade then a tune would be required.

· Registered
617 Posts
I thought cvo's came with a high flow intake. If you change the exhaust to something that breaths better than the stock system, wouldn't you need a tuner? I was under the impression if you open up the engines ability to breath, a tuner was necessary. Or at least a flash? I am no expert on this but this seems to be the go to answer. Or does this only count for non cvo models?

· Registered
454 Posts
I thought cvo's came with a high flow intake. If you change the exhaust to something that breaths better than the stock system, wouldn't you need a tuner? I was under the impression if you open up the engines ability to breath, a tuner was necessary. Or at least a flash? I am no expert on this but this seems to be the go to answer. Or does this only count for non cvo models?
Several arguments can be made that's why there's a difference of opinion. Yes the ECM can handle a muffler and air breather change. But it will tune itself to the lean mixture from the factory. You can get away from retuning if you want to do this. Add a new header into the mix and change the exhaust flow even more and your better off retuning, in my opinion.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I am getting a programmer after much discussion it's the best route to go. I am installing true duals so the rinehart are about as true as they come. So with the header pipe and mufflers I am breaking down and getting an auto tuner rather than the senseless downloads and dyno the dealer would like to do. Just need my great sound back no need to go over board this bike is awsome. Thank you all for ur input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.