Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there using this tuner on their HD? There is a dealer in MN that is known for good work, but I have a PCV and they only work with TTS and want me to change it. I am having issues with my tuning (haven't dyno-tuned yet, just using a map from the PC site). Thanks.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I use the TTS and have no issues with it at all. I've installed the PCV on a buddies CVO using the fuel moto map and his bike runs strong. I recommend using whatever the dyno tuner you choose recommends using. Good luck.

·
Banned
60 Posts
All of the flash tuners will yield a better result than a power commander in the right hands. If the guy you trust to do the tune prefers TTS, they're an phnominal tuning device if taken advantage of to it's fullest potential.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If you are based in MN I would call Jeff @ Faribault Harley he is awesome on the TTS master tune.:D

QUOTE=Brianu1;1994265]Anyone out there using this tuner on their HD? There is a dealer in MN that is known for good work, but I have a PCV and they only work with TTS and want me to change it. I am having issues with my tuning (haven't dyno-tuned yet, just using a map from the PC site). Thanks.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Steve Cole is one of my riding buddies. We've had extensive conversations about his TTS Tuner and what it does in comparison to other tuners. Some of the technical stuff he's told me is above my comprehension level but I can honestly say that TTS is the only tuner I'll ever use. It's a proven product made by a very talented guy..... and it works!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
+1 on the TTS I have been using it for over 2 years on my bike with excellent results

·
Registered
967 Posts
Running TTS very good tuner. But best tuner along may not get best performance operator should know what is doing. Always go with dyno operator recommendations. Go to recommended shop as others have experienced positive results.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
60 Posts
I agree that it's probably a good idea to go with what your dyno operator prefers. So far for me, I prefer TTS but I want to be well versed in all tuners. If a customer comes in wanting a dyno tune or wanting a build and then a tune, if he already has another tuner, I would prefer to tune his bike with what he already owns instead of steering him into forking out more of his money to buy the tuner that I prefer to work with so long as the tuner he already owns is capable of giving the engine everything it wants to operate and start hot or cold as well as the tuning interface I'd rather be using. If he's already got a flash tuner or even a TMax, I'd prefer making it give the engine what it wants in all conditions and operating parameters than to sell him something that he is not going to see any difference while riding the bike than what he already has after the interface he's already using has been dialed in for optimal performance and starting than the tuner I'd rather be using. Now, if the guy comes in and he wants to do a high compression build with a larger throttle body that I can stick my entire hand in, head work with 2" intake valves, big hooley pipe and 12.5:1 compression and he wants to stick with the Vance and Hines Fuel pack or a set of XIED's, I'm going to recommend buying a new tuner or I don't want to be involved or my name or reputation attached to that and I'll either have him get a tuner that can give the motor what it wants or he can go get another shop to do the tune. I will never understand people who do perfomance upgrades in terms of mechanical parts (ie cams, heads, big bore, NOS, etc., etc.,) and then not care about giving the engine what it wants to operate seemlesly and a chance to live a longer life because it's tuned correctly instead of putting an Autotuner on it. Autotuner is a very strong word that insinuates something that it isn't. Not every engine performs best at a specific AFR... even if it's 2 bikes with the exact same upgrades on it. Typically one of the 2 bikes is going to make best power at all the adjustable (tuning) points across the entire MAP than the other bike. There's really no way to know if all those upgraded parts you just bought are giving you your monies worth on what you paid for those parts until you put it on a dyno and measure power. "Autotune" would be better explained with what it does by calling it "auto-adjust" since all it is doing is adjusting to an AFR that has been predetermined as the target AFR and making sure it's at least in an AFR that is safe and keeps from damaging all those expensive parts you just bought but if they called them "auto-adjust", they probably wouldn't sell as many of them would they?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Jason (got your j's mixed up Frank) is the awesome tuner at Faribault. Definitely a TTS guy who has a passion for tuning.

Code:
If you are based in MN I would call Jeff @ Faribault Harley he is awesome on the TTS master tune.:D

QUOTE=Brianu1;1994265]Anyone out there using this tuner on their HD? There is a dealer in MN that is known for good work, but I have a PCV and they only work with TTS and want me to change it. I am having issues with my tuning (haven't dyno-tuned yet, just using a map from the PC site). Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I just bought the TTS about two weeks ago and am very happy. This is what the local Indie uses so I went with his recommendation. I did not want to take to the local HD shop as I want the same guy tweaking as I make changes or need adjustments. I am happy with the tune so far.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wouldn't buy a tuner so the dyno guy can adjust it, I'd find a dyno guy that can work with what I have. That's assuming you have a decent tuner to begin with. If your running a PC or PCV then get ahold of Jamie Long from Fuel moto.
He may send you a map you can work with or send you a tuner that can tune your turer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If your in Sturgis, Jason from Faribault has his dyno trailer in Hill City. Look for the Perfect Performance trailer, dyno tune while you wait.

Anyone out there using this tuner on their HD? There is a dealer in MN that is known for good work, but I have a PCV and they only work with TTS and want me to change it. I am having issues with my tuning (haven't dyno-tuned yet, just using a map from the PC site). Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have TTS tuners on two bikes....96 & a 103 engines. Both run great and the improvements were quite noticeable. I would recommend TTS to anyone.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have no issue personally with the TTS mastertune, the issue is that these are locked and must be unlocked by a TTS tuner. I have personally assembled several of my top ends and prefer not to use a tuner if necessary. This is my justification for the Power Commander Auto Tune & PCV in the past.

Now I am headed a different direction, going to utilize the AutoTune with the Power Vision.

S&S has a 124 map on their website with my pipes and Throttle Body, I emailed their map to Dynojet PVTech for the adjustment to the map for the Baker DD7. I understand that I will not be tuning real time with the AT-100 behind the PV, but can run data logs in addition to seeing real time afr's and make my adjustments for my riding style...

Doc is here in Florida and I would let him tune my bike except for the fact that he will only use the TTS. I do not want to be tied to any one person since I like to tinker with heads and cams. Already thinking the type b heads from S&S next year for the 124 to make a bit more power.

Long story short, if TTS did not lock the ECM I would be in, maybe some of you dyno guys can chime in because I am speaking from a layman's perspective.

Also, there are other flash tuners:

TechnoResearch
TTS
PowerVision
SERT

In a perfect world I think the TMAX would be my tuner of choice, but with the ABS issue (not having the ability to cycle ABS for maintenance) and other unique glitches that can occur, I am betting my money on a Power Vision.

If they PV does not work for me, I have a SERT that came with the bike, and a PCV that I can utilize....

So, I'll keep you posted on my impressions over time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts