Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the new Biketronics kit on my 2015 RGS and planned to put the HD hidden antenna inside, but it would not get any reception (local HD blamed the big magnets on the speakers). Any suggestions on a good stubby antenna for the back or another hidden antenna? I don't listen to the radio a whole lot, but I would like to be able to use it if needed.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I got a shorty rubber one at advance auto parts for $8. It works as good as the original and still bends under tour pak.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Have a friend that is a full time radio listener, that did what's in the video. Adding zip ties. Works great for him. 09 or 10 RG.

I bought a shorter rubber antenna. Works fine. But, I use thumb drive 95% of time on my 15 with the boom system.

Another friend bought a short one from Custom Dynamic's, with the spiral. Worked great, until somebody broke it trying to steal it in Sturgis.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Try this out:

Antenna Eliminator Trick | TheBaggerBlog.com

I performed this modification prior to my Sturgis trip and it worked fine. I still have it hooked up that way.
I made the same mod two days after bringing my 2015 home. Then did it for a buddy that bought his shark the next month.

Great mod, radio reception doesn't seem any better or worse than the stock whip antenna or the shorty that I tried before doing the mod.

Highly recommend. It's easy and cheap ($less than three bucks for the filler cap to cover the hole where the antenna used to be).

·
Registered
498 Posts
I tried that with the stock long antenna and a short one and the reception was horrible. As soon as I tucked it under the fender rail it got all staticky

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Interesting, I actually stayed with the Harley stubby tucked under the fender. My reception is pretty great and I live in Arkansas. Also no problems during the Sturgis rally this year.

Not sure why your's is bucking the trend.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I modified the mounting bracket by bending a tab so it's mounted solid and routed under the seat as well. Reception is great and only cost $2 for the rubber plug.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought a stubby antennae from Craven. It seems to be working okay, but I haven't ridden much since I put it on. I do not use the radio a lot, but it will be nice to pick up a few stations when needed.

The Stubby Antenna

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.