Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here (work stuff) but I'm about to have a few days off and I'm planning on one way trek to Vegas from Tulsa. I am planning on riding I-40 until Kingman then north on 93. I am looking for recommendations for places to tent camp along the way and also cool places to stop and good food stops. I plan on 2-3 days to get there. Going to leave my scoot in Vegas at a buddies until my next break from work and then go north a bit. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can jump off 40 a little west of Ash Fork and take Route 66 from there through Seligman (and the Roadkill Cafe) and on to Kingman.

Chance to see some of the 'mother road' and a great change of pace from I-40.

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here (work stuff) but I'm about to have a few days off and I'm planning on one way trek to Vegas from Tulsa. I am planning on riding I-40 until Kingman then north on 93. I am looking for recommendations for places to tent camp along the way and also cool places to stop and good food stops. I plan on 2-3 days to get there. Going to leave my scoot in Vegas at a buddies until my next break from work and then go north a bit. Any input would be appreciated.

I rode the same route. Smooth ride. Brings you over the bridge adjacent to the Hoover dam.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can jump off 40 a little west of Ash Fork and take Route 66 from there through Seligman (and the Roadkill Cafe) and on to Kingman.

Chance to see some of the 'mother road' and a great change of pace from I-40.
Thanks for the input, I'm going to take that detour. I can't wait.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Don't know about New Mexico but in AZ you can camp free on any National forest or BLM land unless posted. Also if you're in Flagstaff you can take Lake Mary Road out of town and there are some state campgrounds there but you have to pay a fee. Flagstaff is about 2 1/2 hours from Kingman and and about 5 hours from LV, also this time of year it will be a lot cooler in Flagstaff then it will be at the Roadkill cafe or Kingman. A plus with the Flagstaff area is that if you have the time you can make a side trip to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts