Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a FP3 sitting here new in the box but saw power vision on sale. So now I'm not sure if I should sell the FP3 and get the power vision or just keep the FP3. What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Depends on what you're planning to do with the bike.

The Powervision is a full featured tuner that will allow you to handle anything you do to the motor.

Meaning, if all you're ever going to do is air cleaner and exhaust, you're paying for more than you need with the PV, and the FP3 will be enough.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
I currently have a FP3 sitting here new in the box but saw power vision on sale. So now I'm not sure if I should sell the FP3 and get the power vision or just keep the FP3. What do you guys think ?
All really depends on your plans for the bike. The FP3 is best suited to Stage 1 mods and works best with the V&H components their maps are designed for use with. If you are planning on cams or big bore down the road you would be better suited to Power Vision or a product offering more flexibility and features. It all comes down to using the product the individual doing the tuning is most comfortable using and that you can get the best support on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All really depends on your plans for the bike. The FP3 is best suited to Stage 1 mods and works best with the V&H components their maps are designed for use with. If you are planning on cams or big bore down the road you would be better suited to Power Vision or a product offering more flexibility and features. It all comes down to using the product the individual doing the tuning is most comfortable using and that you can get the best support on.
Thanks for the reply I ended up selling the FP3 and ordered a power vision from you

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just finished tuning my 16 special. It has 110 tire shredder, vance and hines pro pipe and Kuryakyn tc24d cam. I used the Tts Mastertune and am amazed at the end result. Took me most of a day to really understand what I was doing but now I know and if I make other mods I will go strait to my TTS for final

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I run the Power Vision and highly recommend it. I hope you're aware that you'll need/want to add either the Auto Tune or the Target Tune module to really tune it. Without the wide band O2 sensors you're extremely limited. I run the Auto Tune since I bought long before the Target Tune came out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I run the Power Vision and highly recommend it. I hope you're aware that you'll need/want to add either the Auto Tune or the Target Tune module to really tune it. Without the wide band O2 sensors you're extremely limited. I run the Auto Tune since I bought long before the Target Tune came out.

Why do I need the Auto Tune or the Target Tune?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Why do I need the Auto Tune or the Target Tune?
Autotune is already incorporated in the Powervision and uses your stock O2 sensors. It tunes to the specific idiosyncrasies of your specific bike and setup. If you purchase from Fuel Moto, they will install a tune based on which parts you've installed on your bike, and from there you simply run autotune for optimum performance for your specific bike. The Target Tune is an optional purchase, comes with wideband O2 sensors, and provides enhanced tuning capability. The basic Powervision I bought from Fuelmoto has capabilities way past my comfort level, is enough for my needs, basic knowledge, and simple Stage 1 application.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts