Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a power comander, dynojet or some sort of tuner for a 2001 RG with no real luck. Does anyone know of a good unit I can get and use.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the PC III it claims its for 2003 Harley's and up.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Power Commander III has been discontinued. It has been replaced with Power Commander V (PC-V) in all applications.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You may want to get in touch directly with Power Commander or, as much as it may hurt the wallet, get in touch with a dealership that does some trusted dyno tuning in your area. The issue you're running into is that you have the early Magneti Marelli fuel injection system. I was talking with a guy down at the Tail of the Dragon last year who had an early Ultra Classic with the MM injection and he said he had quite the time finding something as well. He said he had found an old Power Commander setup that was made for that but I honestly have no idea if those are still out there. Best of luck and I hope someone else on here has a more concrete direction for you.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
You may want to get in touch directly with Power Commander or, as much as it may hurt the wallet, get in touch with a dealership that does some trusted dyno tuning in your area. The issue you're running into is that you have the early Magneti Marelli fuel injection system. I was talking with a guy down at the Tail of the Dragon last year who had an early Ultra Classic with the MM injection and he said he had quite the time finding something as well. He said he had found an old Power Commander setup that was made for that but I honestly have no idea if those are still out there. Best of luck and I hope someone else on here has a more concrete direction for you.
Not hard to find at all. The Dynojet Power Commander V is the latest product that is readily available. Part # 15-040. We have plenty of them in stock, here is a link with more info Dynojet - Power Commander V - HAR TOURING 97-01

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Looking at the PC III it claims its for 2003 Harley's and up.
Hi Ginee13, I have the PC III (usb) on my FLTRSEI2 – a 2001 CVO. It works well with the M&M.
But as already stated, a brand new PC V is another option. Btw I got my PC III on eBay! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts