Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long, slow and hot fundraiser run last week, my bike started bogging, popping, backfiring and stalling. I spoke with Jamie at FM, I have their 107, pipes, and PV, he recommended getting it dynoed, but trying the auto tune. I did that yesterday but incorrectly, will try again tomorrow.

What really surprised me, I went to DynoJets site to look for a certified tuner in the area, none. DynoJet looked and confirmed, a lot of dealers take the class but don't get certified. I called my dealer, he did everything he could to sell me a Race Tuner and a tune, and everything he could to talk me into losing the PV.

I looked into a transport company to get the bike to WI, 1400 round trip, so that's not happening. I'm confident that the auto tune will help, but not get it to the optimum point. Any recos in the area anyone can share? In NY, I remember Orient Express in Freeport LI and Rosa's out in Suffolk somewhere, need to see if they are still around. I'm in Union County NJ.

Bill

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
184 Posts
After a long, slow and hot fundraiser run last week, my bike started bogging, popping, backfiring and stalling. I spoke with Jamie at FM, I have their 107, pipes, and PV, he recommended getting it dynoed, but trying the auto tune. I did that yesterday but incorrectly, will try again tomorrow.

What really surprised me, I went to DynoJets site to look for a certified tuner in the area, none. DynoJet looked and confirmed, a lot of dealers take the class but don't get certified. I called my dealer, he did everything he could to sell me a Race Tuner and a tune, and everything he could to talk me into losing the PV.

I looked into a transport company to get the bike to WI, 1400 round trip, so that's not happening. I'm confident that the auto tune will help, but not get it to the optimum point. Any recos in the area anyone can share? In NY, I remember Orient Express in Freeport LI and Rosa's out in Suffolk somewhere, need to see if they are still around. I'm in Union County NJ.

Bill

BillJac,

Yes rosa's is still around. i know they like to tune the TTS call them to see if they tune on powr commander products. also upstate you have Maroney's in Newburgh. Those guys are a harley dealer. Good Luck

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BillJac,

Yes rosa's is still around. i know they like to tune the TTS call them to see if they tune on powr commander products. also upstate you have Maroney's in Newburgh. Those guys are a harley dealer. Good Luck
Thanks NSB, Maroneys is on my list, ill reach out to Rosa's as well. Orient Express is still around i found out, and a DynoJet shop.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke with Maroney's, they wont tune any DynoJet products, they recommend the race tuner or TTS. About 700-750 with the tuner and tune

Rosa's will tune with a power commander but will not touch a power vision. If a tuner needs to be purchased, they highly recommend Techno Research. They are about 600 all in for the tuner and tune.

Orient Express will do tune with a Power Vision, not crazy about it or tuning Harley's, says its a very slow process, tune is 450.

I'm going to see how the auto tune works out for a little while, but not sure if i should hang onto the PV or not.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just recommended to JDS Cycles in Roselle Park, they're 15 minutes from me if they will do a PV. There site says they are a certified DynoJet shop but they're not listed on the site. I ran auto tune and did some incremental updates, still running off, and loading up. So I hope this pans out.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
That was my plan to move to pa but job won't allow it and its a city job so I guess the weekends only. Also try black hills custom up in Sussex nj the have a dyno there also

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Stay away from black hills. He is super expensive and he washed my buddies motor down running it too rich and wouldn't make good on it. Couple other people I know weren't happy either.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stay away from black hills. He is super expensive and he washed my buddies motor down running it too rich and wouldn't make good on it. Couple other people I know weren't happy either.

You know these other guys? I'm thinking I may just go to Orient Express if these guys don't pan out. They built my fathers Kawi back in the 70s, for the very least, I know they're legit.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
You know these other guys? I'm thinking I may just go to Orient Express if these guys don't pan out. They built my fathers Kawi back in the 70s, for the very least, I know they're legit.

I haven't anything about them bud. Try Google them maybe there is some good feedback about them.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just spoke with JDS, I'm gonna drop the bike off next Monday or Tuesday. They reiterated what Orient Express said, that the PV is more time consuming and will need a couple of days. I'm gone for 10 days with the kids, so no down time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts