Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my tuner (RCXcelerator) died so I removed it. Have to wait couple months for fundage to get a new one now. I currently run screaming eagle stage 1 air on it and wondering if I should put back on the original air filter system until I get a new tuner or just run it like that? BTW I have slip ons but no header. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Well my tuner (RCXcelerator) died so I removed it. Have to wait couple months for fundage to get a new one now. I currently run screaming eagle stage 1 air on it and wondering if I should put back on the original air filter system until I get a new tuner or just run it like that? BTW I have slip ons but no header. Any thoughts?
I'm certain that HP/Tq is dependent upon proper A/F ratio, not just raw air flow, so I think you may well be loosing HP/Tq with the hi-cap filter and no tuner since now you're running too lean for sure (even leaner than the stock EPA crap - not good). Therefore I would revert to stock filter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm checking tuner warranty but am going with something different for sure. My concern is to put original air back for now or not.

·
Registered
483 Posts
For all the longer it wold take to convert it back I would reinstall the original air filter just for peace of mind . Knowing how lean they are for EPA regs , It makes more sense than worrying each time your riding if your doing damage.

Eagle

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mr. Smiley- It wouldn't idle less than 3000 rpms and I guess just stopped tuning. I would give throttle and it still wouldn't go under 3000

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I had a similar idle issue last year. Id start it up and the idle would jump straight to 3000 rpm. If i rolled the throttle forward and held it there it would come down alil but would climb back up as soon as i would release it. I inquired about it at a few dealers and was told of a throttle relearn procedure. Unfortunately i dont remember how the procedure goes but it may be worth looking into. My bike wasnt under warranty at the time so i did everything myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts