Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I will say that I AM NOT a tuner expert, but I just put a Power Vision on mine and have been happy thus far.

The weather has sucked here for a week so I haven't been able to ride much since the install, but I did take one short ride and was very happy. The PV plugs into the diagnostic port and can either be disconnected once the ECM is flashed or you can leave it hooked up to use it as gauges.

If you order from Fuel Moto, they can give you a map pre configured for your setup.

·
Registered
600 Posts
No expert here either, but my TTS Master Tune is working out well for me. Many good reviews on this and other forums. Purchased from Fullsac Performance along with their head pipe and CVO baffles. Also came with a free map for my set up. Runs great but, curious if by playing with it I could squeeze a little more out. Maybe not enough to tell. For now, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought the Power Vision and have been very happy with it. If I would have talked to Frank first, I would have purchased the Thunder Max just because he's my trusted answer man for all things engine related. It also has the ability to continually adjust the tune to the conditions, temp, altitude, etc. That said, he put a wicked tune on my PV with his 106 build on my bike. Also, the PV is a bit cheaper and even more so for multiple bikes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
+2 on Power Vision Easy to use. Lot's of Maps available from S&S Cycle. Uses all your stock sensors but is upgradable if you go to a stage 4 to use a wide band sensor. Not saying by any means that would replace a good tune on a dyno. But you can get a decent tune without one. Currently using mine on a stage 4 107 heads and estimated 117HP and 124TQ. Engine runs around 210-230 depending on the day. I upgraded to the pro when I did stage 4.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Just ordered my TTS from Frank today (yeah, he called me back today because they were buried yesterday, how can you not give him 2 huge thumbs up for great service). Got the dual license so can do 2 bikes with one dongle. I've been researching for awhile and decided I didn't want to replace the ECM so the thundermax was out. A. ton of info on TTS, SEPRT and PV on the other forum. At then end of the day the TTS was the best option for me - made my mind up after talking to several dyno guys and reading till I was ready to puke. I don't think you can go wrong with the other units, the TTS was just the best fit for me. FWIW, the dyno guys I talked to really leaned toward the TTS or SEPRT (also mentioned the techno research direct link as a great unit as well) and were kind of luke warm towards the PV/Thundermax.

·
Registered
639 Posts
+1 on what roadie said. What pushed me over the edge on the PV was that my Indy knows how to tune with it and also spoke highly of fuel moto's stock maps. He did say he preferred the PCV, but that he also uses the PV. I guess a lot of it depends on what your local tuner uses. I have had nothing but outstanding service out of Fuelmoto, but I have also heard nothing but great things about Frank.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have used the Vance and Hines tuners on my last two bike. The upside is priced, a little over $200.00. The down side is limited adjustability compared to a TMax or Power Vision.

If you are just doing pipes and a air cleaner, the Vance and Hines will work great. If you are thinking about cams, head work or things like that you may want to go with another tuner.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I suggest talking with your local tuner and go with whatever he likes. My tuner likes the TTS. Good luck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a Tmax on my 06 Street Glide and worked great. But I pumped up my motor to a 113 and wanted O2 sensors so that was the best way to go at the time. Now on my 2015 RG I put on an RB LSR 2-1 exhaust and an RSD air cleaner so for now I went with the TTS Master Tuner. Didn't want to molest my motor just yet and the TTS was pretty easy to use.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I currently have a Tmax. I'm looking to see what else that is out there that is good. Thx.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts