Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided to install a set of cams and decided on a different tuner. I had the powercommander for less than a year and on my previous bike a 2011 wide glide I had one too. My original choice was a thundermax but due to cost went with the pcv on my roadglide. Once I decided on cams I had to decide on a dyno tuner and was not hot on any of them good reviews or bad. So the issue came back up and I pulled the trigger and sold the pcv and purchased the thundermax. It seemed to have the most online support and the best features. I was leery of replacing the factory ecm but after replacing it and experiencing the unleased power and responsiveness just riding it to my builder i realized I made the right choice. After talking to several engine builders and exhaust companies their opinion was always of 2 thundermax or tts. The best answer I got was ask your dyno tuner but I did not want to deal with one so thundermax it was. TTS does have a learn and rewrite but I preferred the thundermax. Cant wait till better weather to test out the new cams and tuner together. The other reason is one of my best friends had a ultra with a cobra which does not change timing run neck to neck with me and the the pcv same exhaust and air cleaner. Also not saying vision is bad but its more like the tts and every dyno tuner Ive spoke with hates the vision. So not saying its a bad product just not my choice. I will have rinehart extreme true duals 4", hd ventilator with k&n, thundermax and tman torqster/tman555.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As a mechanic and a tuner ive used em all and there is ALOT!!! If i can convince the customer to buy the thundermax with the 50mm t/b its always the way to go...I was used as a tester for the cobra and the bikes i used it on and the customers were not at all happy with it..(i have VERY picky customers) i wasnt impressed either not saying its a bad product.. I use tts primarily but on my own ride i have the vision i have that because i can change the map 30 times a day if i want plus i got maps for low grade fuel!! Which is a plus for those ethonal states in which i live..just my 2 cents

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree I have used several cobras on customer bikes did not have much luck really like the thundermax for customers that just want to ride and not think about it and I love PV with the wide band auto tune makes it easy to dial your bike in any where and make adjustments with the quick tune in a matter of seconds this what I run on my shark .

·
Registered
830 Posts
I am very happy with my TM.

Everything works just like the advertisement said.....:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts