Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 RGS- stock radio with Arc 600.4 amp running pair of KRC's in fairing and HAT Imagine 6x9's in lids. Have gains set in same position for front and rear speakers but not sure what frequency to set amp for these speakers? Any input? Does lower freq= distortion?

·
Registered
408 Posts
2016 RGS- stock radio with Arc 600.4 amp running pair of KRC's in fairing and HAT Imagine 6x9's in lids. Have gains set in same position for front and rear speakers but not sure what frequency to set amp for these speakers? Any input? Does lower freq= distortion?
you using a Line Leveler? If so the amp needs to be on Full/All Pass

If you're trying to use the 2 amp 8 speaker flash then you'll want the KRC's on Full/All Pass (they have their own xover) and the HAT's about 80 on the HPF (could go as high as 100 though, listen to it and see what sounds good to you)

Depending on who did your flash... some installers have tools to flash the old flash that worked that the dealers won't/can't do anymore.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No line levelers- no flash. MPAK 12 has wire harness that reduces bass boost signal . Does more bass = distortion?
Was thinking somewhere arouns 100amp freq for KRC's and 90 for HAT's???

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
No line levelers- no flash. MPAK 12 has wire harness that reduces bass boost signal . Does more bass = distortion?
Was thinking somewhere arouns 100amp freq for KRC's and 90 for HAT's???
Call Karl at No Cage Audio ( sponsor here) he sells the MPAK systems and will give you guidance on setup.. he's a great guy and great to deal with

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
My settings AA 600.4 6.5 Moto's and HAT 6x9s tuned.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
My settings AA 600.4 6.5 Moto's and HAT 6x9s tuned.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wow, that is a ton of gain with the stock HU. Mine won't take anywhere near that much gain with 602's and HAT Imagine 6.5's....Which channels are the 602's on? These are my settings with the 602's on channels 1-2 and the stock HU at 15 of 18 volume. (Known max non-clipping volume on BoomBox.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts