Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got a 2015 roadglide and been down the 124 motor twice already. Now considering going with a turbo. I like the way the aero charger looks since I am not doing a full custom in this bike. Also the numbers look good. I will prob upgrade to a gear drive cam.

Anyone with experience with aero charger? Any other ideas? Thanks

· Registered
1,390 Posts
I originally got the '09 SERG with the intention of installing the Trask Turbo Kit, but decided to go with the 117 (wanted lowers and less heat on right leg)

I like the Trask since they seem to be a well designed / thought out "kit", all on one side.

· Registered
1,344 Posts
Why not the Pro Charger?

Saw a Breakout with 103 putting out 137hp at Sturgis....

Reactions: RGKen

· Administrator
13,938 Posts
Whichever one you choose , the intercooler is a worthwhile option .. If I was chasing HP , I would go that way for shure , I like the idea that cmp goes into your motor and builds it proper , tho I know nothing about them ..

To each his own and I aint knockin what anyone else does , but it's lipstick on a pig

JtB

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok decided to pull the trigger on a AeroCharger system.. Going to put a set of cams in and see what happens...

· Registered
576 Posts
Ok decided to pull the trigger on a AeroCharger system.. Going to put a set of cams in and see what happens...
Make sure and take plenty of pics of the kit and the install. I just got one of Frank's 124's this past October and I'm trying to decide what to do to it once my 1 year warranty is up. I like the looks of the turbo set ups better than the procharger. Good luck on your project.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Make sure and take plenty of pics of the kit and the install. I just got one of Frank's 124's this past October and I'm trying to decide what to do to it once my 1 year warranty is up. I like the looks of the turbo set ups better than the procharger. Good luck on your project.
Will do, they have a new turbo they are showing at V-Twin for bigger motors.. I will let you know how this goes..

· Registered
21 Posts
I prefer turbos to superchargers just because of the control over the amount of boost. I just switched from a procharged corvette to a twin turbo vette so I could run around on low boost 600hp and turn it up to 1000 when i needed it. the case with turbos its really a custom application if you have a high compression motor you will want to run less boost but will make more power with less boost. I like to build a motor with lower compression and run more boost. I think if you wanted to run a turbo is avoid a out of the box kit and work with someone to spec the motor and the turbo kit to meet the needs. So it really comes down to preference and what your goals are.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After a couple of conversations looks like Aerocharger is going to do a side dump.. Pics coming soon.. I should have mine end of next week

Reactions: RGKen

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i like the aerocharger kit as well let us know how it runs and what tuner did you go with
I went with power commander PTI with auto tune, Since this is my first crack at a turbo and they have a map for my exact setup I figured it was a no brainer :)

· Registered
98 Posts
Do yourself a big favor and go get it tuned no two bikes are the same.There are so many different variations to consider in a tune climate ,sea level etc.Horsepower costs money sometimes a lot of money if you have to do it twice.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do yourself a big favor and go get it tuned no two bikes are the same.There are so many different variations to consider in a tune climate ,sea level etc.Horsepower costs money sometimes a lot of money if you have to do it twice.
I agree, ill toss it on the dyno before it hits the road..

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.