Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my extensions today. I guess I was sort of stunned that the finish wasn’t really even close to matching the stock switches. Seriously.....shouldn’t that be a basic expectation?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
That sucks...I'd would expect it to match.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I would have to say that these were a complete disappointment when I put them on my bike. One eventually flew off on me when I went to hit the right signal and clipped the end of the extension with my thumb. Never found it again so on went the originals.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like I better stow the originals on board. I’m sure there are others also disappointed, but certainly understand why someone would not want to openly admit they spent $25, plus tax & shipping to buy two tiny pieces of plastic that make your ride look worse. I’ve always said I should see something before I buy, and so I deserved what I got.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like I better stow the originals on board. I’m sure there are others also disappointed, but certainly understand why someone would not want to openly admit they spent $25, plus tax & shipping to buy two tiny pieces of plastic that make your ride look worse. I’ve always said I should see something before I buy, and so I deserved what I got.
Your sacrifice will not be in vane!
I'm sure there are a lot of people that are thankful you bit the bullet for this post..

Sorry they are not what you expected though.. that's lame.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I installed them on my Fat Bob and they were a perfect match. Sucks yours didn't come that way. You originals do look shinier than most. What cleaner do you use? They look really good that's why I'm asking.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
That's odd - but they look kinda grey-ish as in this photo. But the description reads product in black or chrome not grey... :(

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, they do appear to be a bit more grey and less shiny than my stock. My stock switches and housing have not had any cleaners applied, just clean by wiping down. I might try putting something on the extensions to see if I can shine them up, or maybe next time I’m at the dealership I’ll point it out and see if they have another set in stock to compare to. Maybe I just got a bad batch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts