Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help with this problem.
Bike 2009 road glide
Last night left arrow on console stayed on, neither front or back left turn signal blinks. Both lights stay lit. Right side works fine.

I replaced with proper bulbs for front and back. Still do not blink. Both bulbs stay lit.

I checked the small fuse and it looks fine, I believe it is the lighting fuse.

I pulled the big 4 prong fuse, bottom right. When this was done neither side would blink. I hate to assume, but would this fuse be the problem?

I called the parts department at the dealership and told him the issue at hand. He asked his "Master Tech" about this problem and he said it sounds like a bulb seating problem. If that is the case then why would the bulb turn on but not blink? The tech said that this big 4 prong fuse would not have any control of the blinking. Of course they want me to bring it down and have them check it out, $$$.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you activate hazards by pushing both signals at the same time? If not I'd say open circuit or bad switch

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The hazards do work. Since my first post I discovered a loose battery cable on the battery. I left it at that, had a work meeting to go to.

Fairing hasn't been off since March

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Are your lights all stock ? If so, look toward the TSM.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the latest. Got home around 10:00 last night. I pulled the 4 prong relay out and sanded the prongs down, they were corroded, and put it back in 1 fuse line down. Essentially, moving the bottom prongs into a open fuse section. After doing this, both turn signals worked. I did lose the headlights because the relay was not in the proper spot. I am going o pick up a new relay today. Hopefully this is the fix.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
If the relay is corroded, more than likely so is the socket. Pick up a can of corrosion cleaning spray and use it in the socket also. I'd pull the main fuse on the bike before using and then use some compressed air to help the drying process before reinstalling everything.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the relay is corroded, more than likely so is the socket. Pick up a can of corrosion cleaning spray and use it in the socket also. I'd pull the main fuse on the bike before using and then use some compressed air to help the drying process before reinstalling everything.
Thank you for the help! Much appreciated. When it comes to electronics and wires I usually don't even mess with it. I will get a can of that stuff today. Just hope that is the problem

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
After you clean and dry everything get some dielectric grease to put on all connections. Even in the bulb sockets.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

I purchased a new relay. Sprayed the CRC contact cleaner in the fuse box openings for the relay. I also found the negative side battery terminal was loose so I removed, cleaned and reinstalled that. Still same issue. Left side signals stay on, along with signal light on the dash, but do not flash. What is my next step. What would you do at this point? What can I check myself before I take it to someone?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ran the onboard diagnostic test. Under the S, when running the test, all that it showed was 68920-07. That is the part number correct? I am about done chasing this problem. Patience is gone! Help!!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump

1 - 12 of 12 Posts