Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Road Glide Limited - 2012 Road Glide Ultra
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a annoying problem.

My garage is downhill with a lip at the edge of the garage entrance. It’s certainly easy to get the bike in the garage but since it’s a 3/4 space turning it around is a painful process but backing it up is neat impossible as well.
Are there any devices for driving the motorcycle onto that has wheels that I can turn around by hand then drive out?

·
Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
146 Posts
Similar problem I have. Pulling in the shed is no problem. Backing out ain’t gonna happen. I settled on the motorcycle dolly from Harbor Freight. $125 and works pretty good. Spinning would be easier on concrete but it works on the plywood. When riding the bike up might be best to have it wedged against the wall or something that will not move. Idk if I would trust the “locking” mechanism it has.

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wood Floor

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
holy shit! $1600 for that. might be a neat thing, but for that amount of money, my j&s jack works just fine (or i just back it in the garage)

i understand that some don't have that luxury though.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRX Road Glide in Basic Black
18 Posts
I drive into my machine shed, pickup bike with jack and spin it around so it's pointed at the door for the next ride. Only takes a couple minutes, very simple.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I have the same issue, my driveway is so steep, I can't back out. The cans will catch in the road, right as the rear wheel leaves the driveway. And its a PITA rolling backwards that far. There is not enough room in the garage to turn around. I have to make sure that when I park my truck, that I leave about 8 feet of space between it and the door. Then I can back into that space, perpendicular to the drive way, and pull out going forward.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have used this to move my bike around and work on it. I had to strip the rubber off of it and reglue them down. It works fine on concrete. I throw a strap across it. I had to use it to change my back tire, 1200 miles on it SCREW. Grrr.
1500 lb. Steel ATV/Motorcycle Lift (harborfreight.com)
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
242 Posts
Can you back into the garage? They roll easy down hill just use the front brake, that is how I do it.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRX Road Glide in Basic Black
18 Posts
What jack stand do you have?
Nothing fancy, it came from a place called Princess Auto, picked it up for $43.00 I believe. They were clearing them out few years back when I bought my bike. Just happen to be in right place at the right time. Works good, holds my Road Glide up no problem. (Similar to the Harbour Freight one.)

·
Registered
946 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Road Glide Limited - 2012 Road Glide Ultra
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is all really cool. I really like that cycle spinner idea :). I’ll have to see about what that looks like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts