Road Glide banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered and scheduled for install next week. Going with the Knight Prowler TW-777 cams. HD dealer doing the install. Hoping they can get the thing tuned good with the PCV, but if not I will be taking it to Faribault HD as they are the best around from many sources. I wasn't about to spend another $500 on the SERT.

So I will have the V&H power duals, CFR's, SE Ventilator, and TW-777's. I wonder what kind of numbers I should expect?

Either way, should be a nice increase in the seat of the pants test and a whole lot more fun to ride!

Can't wait>:)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Whats the dealer charging for the cam install if you don't mind me asking. Had an Indy quote me labor of about $250

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that is what I was thinking, a good cam for more work later.

The dealer is charging me $1100 for the install, parts, tune, etc.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If you can get them installed for $250 labor that's pretty good, it's typically about a 4hr job, and most places get $100/hr.
I have 2 indies I have visited, closest one (10 minutes) charges $60 an hour and the further one (hour drive) charges $45 an hour.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Brian, I'm sure your bike will be a blast to ride when you get it back. I had my bike dyno tuned by Jason at Faribault HD this spring. I thought the bike ran good before. It runs awesome now. Well worth the trip. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brian, I'm sure your bike will be a blast to ride when you get it back. I had my bike dyno tuned by Jason at Faribault HD this spring. I thought the bike ran good before. It runs awesome now. Well worth the trip. Good luck and ride safe.
Thanks, yeah I may just tell them credit me for the tune, throw a close map in it and take it to Faribault. ??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update on Cams

Got the bike back on Wednesday of this week. All I can say is wow, what a difference. I haven't even had it tuned yet, I just found a map on the PC website, rode it, made a few adjustments, and holy cow can you tell a difference. When the map provides enough fuel, man does it really pull. So right now, the seat of the pants dyno says awesome. Bigger grin and more fun in store. Can't wait to get it dyno tuned so I can feel the power all the way through. >:)

FYI - only complaint I would have is they seem to be a little louder than the stock cams.:frown:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine ran 101/109 tuned by Jamie at Fuelmoto !
Louder is better !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.