Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here use a woods TW6 in a rg or any other touring bike. How do you like it and did it perform as advertised. This cam is going in on friday with a stage one. Thanks duane5157

· Registered
1,870 Posts
I ran it in my 06 with a little head work after already having the 95" kit. Numbers were right at 100/100 would have easily been there but I wouldn't get rid of the true duals. The woods cams were noisey as heck!

· Registered
1,432 Posts
After using a constant plethora of Bob Wood cams since we watched him come to the v-twin industry back in the mid-1990's, that is not what we would consider a plug/play cam for a touring bike.
It needs 10.2 cr to fully support/optimze it's intake valve closing number.
A better cam in the Wood line-up would be his 222, or our favorite here, an Andrews 48.
Scott

· Registered
451 Posts
As Hillside stated...They did my head work back in 08 with TW6-6 and Joe's Cycles did the tuning...my 96" motor runs strong, I have no noise complaints, and still have the bike with the build...actually looking to change out dual exhaust to 2 into 1.

· Registered
9 Posts
After using a constant plethora of Bob Wood cams since we watched him come to the v-twin industry back in the mid-1990's, that is not what we would consider a plug/play cam for a touring bike.
It needs 10.2 cr to fully support/optimze it's intake valve closing number.
A better cam in the Wood line-up would be his 222, or our favorite here, an Andrews 48.
Scott
Scott,

What level head work would you recommend with the TW6 cam in a bagger? What type of performance gains would be expected by doing head porting work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.