Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here use a woods TW6 in a rg or any other touring bike. How do you like it and did it perform as advertised. This cam is going in on friday with a stage one. Thanks duane5157

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the TW6 in my 96 Street Glide with Zippers MaxFlow air cleaner and D&D Boss Cat exhaust with a TTS tuner. If memory serves me correctly it dyno'd at 94hp/97tq

·
Registered
248 Posts
Running a TW6G gear drive in a 2006 95 inch ultra classic Electra glide
It is a real fun bike with around 100lbs tq + 100hp could use a little more compression
Have about 97,000 miles on them
No Regret

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I ran it in my 06 with a little head work after already having the 95" kit. Numbers were right at 100/100 would have easily been there but I wouldn't get rid of the true duals. The woods cams were noisey as heck!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
After using a constant plethora of Bob Wood cams since we watched him come to the v-twin industry back in the mid-1990's, that is not what we would consider a plug/play cam for a touring bike.
It needs 10.2 cr to fully support/optimze it's intake valve closing number.
A better cam in the Wood line-up would be his 222, or our favorite here, an Andrews 48.
Scott

·
Registered
449 Posts
As Hillside stated...They did my head work back in 08 with TW6-6 and Joe's Cycles did the tuning...my 96" motor runs strong, I have no noise complaints, and still have the bike with the build...actually looking to change out dual exhaust to 2 into 1.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After using a constant plethora of Bob Wood cams since we watched him come to the v-twin industry back in the mid-1990's, that is not what we would consider a plug/play cam for a touring bike.
It needs 10.2 cr to fully support/optimze it's intake valve closing number.
A better cam in the Wood line-up would be his 222, or our favorite here, an Andrews 48.
Scott
Scott,

What level head work would you recommend with the TW6 cam in a bagger? What type of performance gains would be expected by doing head porting work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stage I or II.
Great gains would be from off idle up to peak rpms.
Scott

What is the differences between each level of performance (what it entails) and what could one expect with each level performance wise running the TW6. Trying to decide on what level of head porting work is needed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts