Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys who have tweeters in the gauge holes use so that it is sealed in there well? Some sort of rubber trim? Thanks. Links are always appreciated.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I know Hawgwired makes an adapter, might want to ask Mike or Justin if they use anything. Personally I love gauges so I mounted my tweeters in the grills.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have the hawg wired grills with the tweeter part in them? I think I'll do it this way as I prefer keeping all my gauges as well. I have no problem sacrificing the air temp gauge, but between voltage, oil pressure and gas, I am not sure which i would elimiante. Probably I would elimiante gas but if I can get a grill to put them in which I can I will.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
How did you mount them in the grills? They came with the grill mounts?
I bought the Hawgwired mesh grills, measured my tweeters, and used a hole saw. I drilled them to the close to the size of the tweeters and then firmly but gently forced the tweeters in, it worked out nicely.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'll take some pics of mine later night. Cosmetic rings came with my Hertz tweeters. Little silicon. Clean and tight.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
both look good but I prefer the HW with tweeter setup. I'm going to call them when I get a chance and see if there are any other options as well. Anyone else?

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
If you buy Hawgwired, buy from Dragos, authorized dealer with best price.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that. I would get set up as a dealer but $1000 for teh first order and I don;t need $1000 worth of stuff. Unfortunately audio stuff is not really stuff I sell at our shop either. Although, since I am local to them I will probably order direct as I will get it much quicker than having it shipped to Drago's and then back to me. that will take a week to them and a week back to me. Time is money. ;)

·
Registered
587 Posts

1 - 20 of 26 Posts