Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got myself a pair of fairing lowers cheap and for as much time they'll be on I wanna cheap out and paint them myself.

I found a DuPont twilight blue formula offered on HarleyDavidson-paint.com and wanna order a pint but not sure if it's the right one.

Do any of our paint and body members know if twilight blue is a base coat paint or is it one of those tri-coat colors? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure it's a tricoat and the cost of the materials alone to do it right might have quite a sticker shock,

If you don't think you will run them all the time why not just paint them glossy black since they are down low and black coordinates with almost any color.

I've considered doing them gloss black but I'm afraid OCD will get the best of me. Thinking I'm gonna just send them off to get done.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I've considered doing them gloss black but I'm afraid OCD will get the best of me. Thinking I'm gonna just send them off to get done.
OCD WILL get the best of you... I considered doing that myself and just could not do it... Black just does not work on this bike. The color might look black to some, but you get close or just look at it at the right angle and with the right light and the dark metallic blue just shines through.

So yes, best course of action is to get them painted in the right matching color. :cool:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OCD WILL get the best of you... I considered doing that myself and just could not do it... Black just does not work on this bike. The color might look black to some, but you get close or just look at it at the right angle and with the right light and the dark metallic blue just shines through.

So yes, best course of action is to get them painted in the right matching color. :cool:
Yeah, thanks, you're not helping my wallet..... jerk :D

jk of course

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yeah, thanks, you're not helping my wallet..... jerk :D

jk of course
I really wished I had seen this sooner... or I would have taken off mine and given them to you. They do not count for sh* on a trade in... so it would have made no difference to the deal I was doing... :(

That is why I gave Cory the chopped tourpak... he has a Sedona Orange bike and is planning to wrap the tourpak and use it like that to avoid ruining the original paint.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really wished I had seen this sooner... or I would have taken off mine and given them to you. They do not count for sh* on a trade in... so it would have made no difference to the deal I was doing... :(

That is why I gave Cory the chopped tourpak... he has a Sedona Orange bike and is planning to wrap the tourpak and use it like that to avoid ruining the original paint.
I don't know that mine will even make it to paint... Taking bike in for an alignment Sunday and may be leaving on something else, lol, well if they have that Hard Candy SG that is :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I don't know that mine will even make it to paint... Taking bike in for an alignment Sunday and may be leaving on something else, lol, well if they have that Hard Candy SG that is :D
Hahahahahahaah It is a sickness I tell you!!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts