Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after I decide to buy the lowers for my 2011 RGU I go and fall in love with a 2015 CVO RGU and bought the darn thing. I hadn't really looked at what was out there for the newer twin cooled bikes as I hadn't thought I would be buying one.

But now I own one and would like to install some lower speaker pods. I know Harley sells some but they are expensive and it's more than just the pods with the stereo.

I found that Advan Black sells some also but there is a limit on speaker size.

Who else is making pods for 2014 and newer bikes? What all has to be done to add speakers to the lowers? From reading the Harley stuff it seems you are suppose to add an amp for them and the radio has to flashed to make them work? Still trying to figure this new GT 6.5 radio all out.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yes, to run lower fairing speakers pods, with Harley gear, you will have to run Boom! amps. With Harley stage 2 audio, you have to run 1 amp for every 2 speakers. I don’t know of anyone making pods for twin cooked bikes that will let you run anything bigger than 6.5” speakers though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hogtunes makes pods for the wet lowers as well. You are limited to the boom II stuff though unless you change out your entire audio system. The head unit can stay but you will need new amps/speakers all around if you want to go aftermarket in any one place.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well after I decide to buy the lowers for my 2011 RGU I go and fall in love with a 2015 CVO RGU and bought the darn thing. I hadn't really looked at what was out there for the newer twin cooled bikes as I hadn't thought I would be buying one.

But now I own one and would like to install some lower speaker pods. I know Harley sells some but they are expensive and it's more than just the pods with the stereo.

I found that Advan Black sells some also but there is a limit on speaker size.

Who else is making pods for 2014 and newer bikes? What all has to be done to add speakers to the lowers? From reading the Harley stuff it seems you are suppose to add an amp for them and the radio has to flashed to make them work? Still trying to figure this new GT 6.5 radio all out.
SOUNDZ has speaker pods for liquid-cooled lowers. They bolt into the existing pod from the outside. I just ordered a set for a customer with a 15 CVO and they are really nice. Placement is crucial for good fitment and look. These are the pods... I have a Word Doc with details of install that i put together and these are some of the pic. Call Maddie or Peter at Soundz and tell them Reno Bagger Audio referred you... I'm one of their authorized dealers on the west coast in Reno, NV.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Please furnish photo of finished product
Here ya go... the only limiting factor on these is the air cleaner... the cone shape AC with contact the speakers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts