Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Gentlemen, I completed my two amps setup as follows:
Arc 600.4 in the faring
Arc 602's in the upper and lower Faring
J&M 630 amp in tour pak
JL 6.5 C-650 in the tour pak
2 sets of JL C-690xt 1 in the lids the other in the rear of the bags.
Sony AVx-av100 HU

the 602's and the JL tour pak speakers are connected the the J&M amp and the 6x9 are connected to the Arc in the fairing.

My question is, Will I need a extra power from the battery to run both of them? if so, what would be the specs that I would need?

·
Registered
31 Posts
A stock battery is good enough for 2 amps, but if you want to upgrade look at the Braille 3121 AGM. That would be plenty for your setup.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yep, as ND said shouldn’t be an issue.

The curiosity is killing me. If I read your post right you have 6 speakers running off the JM amp and 4 off the 600.4?

I’ve ran the moto 602 before and it’s still my favorite coax, but they love power. How do you have 6 speakers wired and how much power are they getting?

I’m not knocking it at all, just trying to learn how you’re doing it or maybe I misread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yes those Moto 602 are solid speakers..Congrats and post pics of the Carnegie Hall!!!:nerd:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, as ND said shouldn’t be an issue.

The curiosity is killing me. If I read your post right you have 6 speakers running off the JM amp and 4 off the 600.4?

I’ve ran the moto 602 before and it’s still my favorite coax, but they love power. How do you have 6 speakers wired and how much power are they getting?

I’m not knocking it at all, just trying to learn how you’re doing it or maybe I misread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the J&M amp i'm running the faring speakers( 602) on the front channel and the lower fairing and tour pak on the rear in parallel. On the 600.4 I'm running the lids 6x9's on channel 2&4 and the rear bag 6x9's in channel 1&3.

I know plenty of people may use a different setup, but I took the J&M amp out awhile ago and replaced it with the Arc. Because of my budget and the power the 602's was needing I had to add another amp. So I put the J&M back in as a second amp until I can afford a better one I guess. I searched this forum and HD forum for other options on the second amp, but people were not saying what would push those speakers. the 602's are alot louder then when I had all 8 on one amp, so I haven't tested how much power they are getting now bc I just finished putting the bike back together last night. I will test it and post back. IF ANYONE HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION OR WIRING SCHEME PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts