Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It Sat. and I can't call Jamie and I am obsessing a bit - I have one on order with Fuel Moto's air cleaner kit. I am probably going to have Harley install 255 cams.... my dealer is very cool and asked if I was planning on using a tuner - I balked and he said do not worry as long as it does not leave a foot print or digital mark some way I was fine (I have extended warranty and the cams will be covered under it too)

So questions does the Power Vision leave any trace - I know I can reset to whatever the dealer puts in to make it all honkey dory with the motor Co. just want to make sure if I do that and someday down the line have a problem the MOCO cant say Oh wait you used a power vision - no warranty....
Second question - are there maps out there for Power Vision that take into account harley cams I did not see any on the fuel moto site?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
If your buying the PV from Fuel Moto I would just get a map from Jamie. It's gonna re flash the ecm. If your concerned about warranty then you should have went with the SERT. My dealer will install Power Commanders and Tman cams and still be covered under warranty. I don'ttrust my dealer with oil changes. Good luck

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I think it's the other way around with PV. PV captures ECM information and locks it to your ECM. Jaime will give you a map for the 255 cams and other stuff you add. It will be a good starting point where you do a Basic Autotune to get things up to snuff. Just be sure to save your existing map to the PV so you can put it back in case of warranty problems.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I guess the only reason he/I asked is that the race tuner leaves a tuned by race tuner info on the ecm some how...? He said he new of no other tuner that did that so I guess I am OK... Had a TTS on my 09 roadking and did have some MOCO problems no one ever said a thing - I think I'm fine just wanted more opinions.....
I did not go with TTs this time because of Fuel Motto and because the power vision seems like an easier (no computer really needed) version - I also like that I can change tunes fairly easily....

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I guess the only reason he/I asked is that the race tuner leaves a tuned by race tuner info on the ecm some how...? He said he new of no other tuner that did that so I guess I am OK... Had a TTS on my 09 roadking and did have some MOCO problems no one ever said a thing - I think I'm fine just wanted more opinions.....
I did not go with TTs this time because of Fuel Motto and because the power vision seems like an easier (no computer really needed) version - I also like that I can change tunes fairly easily....
No computer needed. I don't understand your statement. They all basically do the same thing. Hope you have compression releases for those cams.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
What does the PV capture off the ecm??. Nothing!. It flashes the ecm with what ever information you download
If nothing is saved on the PV then how does it know that it has been 'married' to a particular ECM. I haven't seen a ring.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
PV offloads the factory ECM image. Back that up on a computer just in case you lose the PV unit.

If you ever need to to revert back to stock map you can do it. It's supposed to be undetectable. Jamie can confirm this.

The PV will marry to the ECM info so even if you reflash the ECM with the original map the PV knows it's married to your ECM. You can buy a new license from DJ to use it on a different ECM if you sold your bike or have to replace the original ECM. It can marry to more than one ECM at a time also with purchase of another license, I think it can work with 2 bikes at once.

Jamie has maps for many pipe/cam combos. DJ has a growing list of maps on their site and a limited selection of maps on the PV itself. My biggest gripe about the PV is that you can't easily determine what the canned maps are built for - you have to open up each one and look at the info, very tedious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts