Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Two quick questions, hope someone can help.

1, Hydraulic Clutch: What is the size and thread type of the clutch hydraulic bleed valve?

2, ABS Module: I have just done the HD recall for the ABS module on my 09 CVO. Did HD change the ABS module so it would be cleaned doing a normal brake fluid change? If so what year did this happen.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hi Guys,
Two quick questions, hope someone can help.

1, Hydraulic Clutch: What is the size and thread type of the clutch hydraulic bleed valve?

2, ABS Module: I have just done the HD recall for the ABS module on my 09 CVO. Did HD change the ABS module so it would be cleaned doing a normal brake fluid change? If so what year did this happen.
#2 the recall was a fluid flush only.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thanks James,
I know the recall was only fluids, just interested if HD fixed the ABS module flushing problem in later touring models.
I see what you are saying now.

My understanding was the moco didn't educate or stress the importance of changing dot 4 fluid every two years. At some point they realized what the dirty fluid was doing to the ABS box and they updated their processes and manuals. I am not sure what year that happened, but i bet that coincides with the year cutoff on the recall.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I bought the game boy from Snap-on It also runs the abs for the bleed procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
to the best of my knowledge, the only thing they changed was the fluid.

it is now a synthetic hydraulic fluid. i guess it doesn't contaminate the lines as much.

i've read several articles about leaching copper from the brake system with the old fluid. (acidity?)

·
Registered
380 Posts
It still has to be changed so I’m tracking it’s not. I can find out Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone the size of the hydraulic bleed valve? Thanks for the heads up ABS module; I think I will buy Twin Scan II ABS Series.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts