Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When coming to a stop in Nashville a couple weeks ago, my shark started leaning to the left a bit much and I laid it down. Scraped the crash bars and hurt my pride, but that's it! My question is..... my wife and I combined might weigh 325, could it be that the seat sits her up too high which throws my center of gravity off? She says she likes this stock seat because she can actually see over my head instead of having to look around me. I would love recommendations on a great touring seat (2 up) but also something that she can kind of see over me. I am 5'10 with 30 " inseam, she's about 5'7".

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Yup, a passenger, Tourpak all throw off the center of gravity. Most 2 up seats that are worth a shit for the passenger will raise them up higher than the rider.
Does she know how to be a passenger? Some passengers don't understand their job is to just sit still and not lean. If she's leaning, that alone could be your problem.
Glad to hear only your feelings got bruised up on the spill.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, she has ridden a lot with me and never had a problem. I think I'm going to have to school her on not moving around too much. I think I need to get a different seat for sure though. Just not sure what to buy. I love the Mustang seats, might have to go back with that.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Let me know how schooling the Wife works out for you. I’ve pretty much given up in trying to school mine. She does ride her own so the conversations in class are much shorter lol. Good luck finding the new seat and I’m not giving any suggestions on the schooling.

Reactions: 18 Wicked Special

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know how schooling the Wife works out for you. I’ve pretty much given up in trying to school mine. She does ride her own so the conversations in class are much shorter lol. Good luck finding the new seat and I’m not giving any suggestions on the schooling.
Come on.... where's your sense of adventure? She does really good most of the time. This day in particular she was trying to turn around and look at a homeless looking person we had just passed. Think that had a lot to do with losing control. Oh well.... live and learn!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
LOL I’m just saying trying to get the owner of this BBP bike to listen to me is well more than an adventure. Glad neither of you were or the bike was hurt.

Reactions: Shemp

·
Registered
411 Posts
We both like the Mustang touring deluxe on my rgs. If you're looking for a wide but not so high passenger portion, take a look at the CVO seats. Might find a decent used one.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Come on.... where's your sense of adventure? She does really good most of the time. This day in particular she was trying to turn around and look at a homeless looking person we had just passed. Think that had a lot to do with losing control. Oh well.... live and learn!
You know you've heard "where your/their head goes..their body follows"
Same combined weight, well less 25yr ago, about 6' and her 5', took me near 20k back then and a few slow dum'ass 180° drops, and maybe her figuring out " ridin' about avoiding the pain....like life"
Learnt' mine to just turn her head, see thru where we're gettin. Her eyes are above my shoulders and I feel/know almost like she's settin-up the next apex..switchback.. sweep.. ......
like fluid,
They learn, esp before you have the sidestand down

·
Registered
334 Posts
You know you've heard "where your/their head goes..their body follows"
Same combined weight, well less 25yr ago, about 6' and her 5', took me near 20k back then and a few slow dum'ass 180° drops, and maybe her figuring out " ridin' about avoiding the pain....like life"
Learnt' mine to just turn her head, see thru where we're gettin. Her eyes are above my shoulders and I feel/know almost like she's settin-up the next apex..switchback.. sweep.. ......
like fluid,
They learn, esp before you have the sidestand down
Mine is very good on the back as well, only once in a while a floor board scraped will get her to jump that can be very unnerving!!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Yes, an unruly passenger can cause issues.

The wife and I have both been very happy with our hammock seat. Some dealerships have a demo program where they have a seat you can put on and try out for a day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts