Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a ride from TX to CA to SC to TX leaving in June of 2011 will be a 12 day ride to raise money for an organization called CASA.

If anyone would like to drop in for a leg of the ride or ride the whole thing come on and join in. you can get more info on my blog and I will will have a web site up soon.

http://porkchoprun.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why is this ride called the Pork Chop Run?
Dylan was a little boy, "Adopted" into the B.A.C.A.(r) organization in 2009 and given the Road Name Pork Chop.

For those who dont know how BACA works or what we do I encourage you to check out the BACA web site @ http://bacaworld.org

A victim of serious child abuse on August 3rd, 2008, little Pork Chop went from normal happy 2 year old to being blind, confined to a wheelchair, unable to speak and requiring a feeding tube and oxygen.

Pork Chop suffered 2nd degree burns to both of his hands, lighter burn's on his stomach, blunt force trauma to the head causing 9 skull fractures; shifting his brain 11mm to the left, blunt force trauma to his back; causing 7 spine fracture's, broken jaw, and corneal abrasions to both of his eyes.

Despite overwhelming odds Pork Chop managed to reach his 3rd birthday however shortly after his health took a turn for the worse.

On 7-19-2009 one month and 24 day's after his 3rd birthday he passed away.
As of the creation of this page (8-09-2010) the suspects in Pork Chops case HAVE STILL NOT BEEN CHARGED!

To say that Pork Chops touched the lives of those who knew him would be an understatement, and for this reason I have named this ride after him, in the hopes that his story will be known and one day justice will be served for little Dylan and that this ride will both educate and motivate people to become involved in the battle against child abuse.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Where's the TX leg?

Hey Popeye,

Where's the TX leg? I'd love to take part. I work with kids in a hospital setting and it breaks my heart some of the things we see. I'd love to be a part of this ride.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Popeye,

Where's the TX leg? I'd love to take part. I work with kids in a hospital setting and it breaks my heart some of the things we see. I'd love to be a part of this ride.
We leave out of Houston and travel west through Austin first night will end in ft Stockton.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
489 Posts
Very Interesting...

I could probably break away for some saddletime in NC, SC, and GA.

Just need to figure out the dates, the best you can provide them, when you have them figured out.

After looking at the blog and your thread, I can only find a leave time of June 2011.

Did I miss a specific date/time group for your departure and legs along the way?

If I did not, are you going to be post a tentative itinerary?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the interest!

Leave date is June 4TH I will be updating the blog with the Itinerary in the next day or so. June 11th we shold be ending the day at Boswells HD in Cookville the next day will end at dougs HD in I think it is Florence SC.

Again I will have the full details (as a best guess) posted in a day or so.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Listen to Outlaw Dave on 950 am or on line at www.the950.com on Sat the 30th at 7pm. I will be on air with Dave talking about the Pork Chop run.

Please help make this ride a success by going to my blog and clicking on the donate button. Every little bit helps even if it is just 5.00

http://porkchoprun.blogspot.com

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since I am deployed this year, I can't make it. This is something that I would like to get involved in if it becomes an annual event. Will the route be pretty much the same each year?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I am deployed this year, I can't make it. This is something that I would like to get involved in if it becomes an annual event. Will the route be pretty much the same each year?
Rooster,
First off thanks for your service to this country!
Second yes the plan is for this to be a yearly event as for the route much of that question will be answered after this years run. My hope however is that one day in the future the ride will have grown enough to have a northern a central and a southern route.

Look forward to having you in our next run. Be safe come home healthy and thanks again for all you do.

Respect.

Popeye.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rooster,
First off thanks for your service to this country!
Second yes the plan is for this to be a yearly event as for the route much of that question will be answered after this years run. My hope however is that one day in the future the ride will have grown enough to have a northern a central and a southern route.

Look forward to having you in our next run. Be safe come home healthy and thanks again for all you do.

Respect.

Popeye.
Thanks Popeye,

If it stays close to the same, I could easily jump on at Pigeon Forge HD and ride the Carolinas back to Montgomery HD. I am pretty sure I could talk a few of the Brothers from surrounding areas to jump in as well.. I look forward to it!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We would love to have ya along, as well as anyone else who wants to drop in and ride a bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts