Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new Laguna Orange Road Glide Special last week and thought I would use this to track the progress of the changes I made to the bike. I love this color and have wanted an orange bike for a long time. Here it is yesterday on a beautiful ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the Rinehart slip-ons put on when I picked up the bike. I love the sound of Rineharts and have had them on bikes since my 2009 Street Glide. I plan on doing slip-ons only right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a set of the visored blinker covers on over the custom dynamic lights on the front. They are a tight fit, but I got them on there. I still have the rear lights with the stock covers, I haven't decided if I'll put something back there as well yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stock tunes needed some help, so I put the Stage II kit in with amp. Much improved. I thought about going aftermarket, but fought the flash nightmare on my 2015, so decided to stay stock. I wouldn't mind some more sound and thought about putting lowers on with speakers, but have heard of some heat issues with the M8 Roadglides and lowers. Can anyone confirm or deny? I don't plan on replacing the factory headpipe if that matters.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always put bag guards on my bikes. I think they look good on the road and street glides and it's a quick install that would save the bags if I happened to drop in in the driveway or turning around in gravel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got sick of running into the antenna when walking around the bike, so I found a nice looking stubby antenna on Amazon. I don't listen to the radio (usually just ipod or bluetooth), so reception doesn't matter and I didn't think it would be worth the cost to do the hidden antenna. I think it looks nice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had the rear Airflow shifter from my previous bike, and flipped it upside down and put it on. I'm waiting on the shifter since none of the local dealers have the chrome one in stock. I'll do the rest of the controls as I have a little extra cash.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got my windshield delivered today from Freedom Shields. They were a pleasure to deal with as always. I had the 11" on my 15 road glide and it was perfect, so ordered another one. It doesn't look as good as stock, but I'm looking forward to a nicer ride. I highly recommend these shields to anyone looking!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Couple minute mod for this one. Ordered the Airflow shifter peg and put it on real quick. I really need to buy the floorboards so everything matches now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All of the mods we do are for nothing if we don't ride them imo. So, I got a few hours away from the family this morning and put the last 250 miles on so I can do the 1000 mile service. Perfect weather around here when it is normally unbearable hot in August. The weather has been beautiful for the past few weeks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got my Airflow floorboards and brake pedal in today from Boardtracker and put them on. I'm happier that everything matches now. I also got a sissybar, luggage rack and pad, but didn't take a pic since it's just the Harley stuff that everyone gets.
I placed an order for some more exciting stuff so stay tuned over the next few weeks.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts