Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The wife and I were walking around vendors at Ocean City Bike week and we're looking at ultimate seats Ultimate Motorcycle Seats

Anybody ever use these or have any feedback. I'm seriously considering one. They felt incredible from the samples they had out. The wife and I thought they had s good product on hand.

Thanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
The wife and I were walking around vendors at Ocean City Bike week and we're looking at ultimate seats Ultimate Motorcycle Seats

Anybody ever use these or have any feedback. I'm seriously considering one. They felt incredible from the samples they had out. The wife and I thought they had s good product on hand.

Thanks
I had one on a Honda VTX a long time ago. It was very comfortable.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I think dbell snapped one up from a forum member on here. Cause I was five minutes late. That's why you gotta check in often round here.
Friend has one on a Valkyrie and loves it

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
700 Posts
I know several iron butt riders that claim there're the best seat anywhere. I'll grab a used one if it pops up, but going with a Corbin for now.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a Yamaha warrior a few years back that I out a Corbin on. For as hard (what I thought) as they were. I thought it was surprising comfortable.

And thanks for the update. I think I'm gonna get one.

·
Super Moderator
12,313 Posts
I think dbell snapped one up from a forum member on here. Cause I was five minutes late. That's why you gotta check in often round here.
Friend has one on a Valkyrie and loves it

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Lol, who me? Yes I have it, I've used it a few times, its nice, but I prefer my Mustang, just depends on what you're looking for. Quality and fit are great.

·
Registered
232 Posts
seat reads nice.. is priced well and has a short trial period. I would def be all over it if it put me down some with going back.. im not a fan of stock height and def dont want higher up at all.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
too funny. the wife and I probably sat on the same one you guys did. we were at castaways campground that weekend. buddy got married there on the beach.

That's awesome. Congrats to your buddy. They seem like great seats. This would be the 4th seat for this bike. I was highly impressed with the seat at OC.

·
Registered
60 Posts
seat reads nice.. is priced well and has a short trial period. I would def be all over it if it put me down some with going back.. im not a fan of stock height and def dont want higher up at all.
I tried Ultimate's seat for larger riders on the '13 RGU at their location when they installed the tour pack relocator. Nice seat, would need to do a couple of long days on it to know for sure, but didn't have the time then.

The HD Tallboy seat is lower, and puts me back a couple of inches. It's been good for me for several long saddle days in a row, but I like to be higher up, as well as back so I'm still looking as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well i went with a LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs. IT puts me down 1" and back 2".. I did the broomstick measuring tonight for bars and it makes a different from I tell ya.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I unfortunately am not a tall guy by any chance. Do I do not need to be sat back any. I saw ultimate seats do have a seat that sits you down some though so that will probably be my next option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a Ultimate Lowboy on a VTX many years ago. With me being shorter, it was the best seat I had found after trying several on that bike. They also have a bigboy that I heard was a good choice for people that are taller than I am.

Of course, everything is subjective to the person and bike. I had a favorite Mustang seat on one bike, and i ordered the same seat for a different bike, and it just wasn't a good fit for me on that bike.

The one (sort of bad) thing I remember about Ultimate though was that they will not recover a seat. I think they told me that they glued the leather down and to uncover it would make a huge mess of the foam, and if you have to replace both the leather and the foam, it isn't cost effective to recover.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts