Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering installation of the Ultra CB radio on my 2012 FLTRX. Has anyone else attempted something similar or have any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I installed the CB in my '09 Road Glide (FLTR). It is the year before the Road Glide Custom (FLTRX) came out. The only difference is the hand controls were already installed. Your year will need the Handlebar Controls (included in both kits).

The first thing you will need is the heart, the CB (76416-06C). This connects to the radio using the Non-Ultra Harness (70169-06A). You will also need the CB antenna. I used the J&M Hidden CB antenna. But you can use the Harley CB Antenna Kit (76410-09). Now you have one of two ways to go from here.

If all you want is connection for the rider, you can get the Boom Audio Communication Switch Kit (77173-08). the kit has connections for the rider only. Nothing for the rear speakers or passenger to connect. This kit includes the Console pod assembly (for the rider headset), Speaker switch (switches the sound from the fairing to headset) and the Left hand Handlebar control assembly (This has the controls for the CB). This will give the rider the radio as well as the CB going to the headset.

Now if you want to have the connections for the passenger headset, as well as the rider, you will need the Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (77108-09A). This kit also has the Left hand Handlebar control assembly and Speaker switch. The Rider headset connections are different. It does not use the Console pod assembly. It has the rider connections near the seat. It also has the passenger connections that are mounted on the rear fender. It can be mounted with or without the Detachable Docking Points. This will give you the CB as well as the Intercom. Now the Harley site says this kit is not for the FLTRX, but will work on the Street Glide (FLHX). But if you look, the Road Glide Custom is just like the Street Glide. So it will work.

You can add the rear speakers too. I did and kept the Tour Pak detachable. But that is another story. Good luck with your ride.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your response!

Yes, I only want an intercom to hear to my passenger to tell me she is hungry. I will use the J&M Hidden CB antenna and replace the chrome left side controls. My Tour Pak is detachable also for those times when she isn't a passenger on the bike!!

I installed the CB in my '09 Road Glide (FLTR). It is the year before the Road Glide Custom (FLTRX) came out. The only difference is the hand controls were already installed. Your year will need the Handlebar Controls (included in both kits).

The first thing you will need is the heart, the CB (76416-06C). This connects to the radio using the Non-Ultra Harness (70169-06A). You will also need the CB antenna. I used the J&M Hidden CB antenna. But you can use the Harley CB Antenna Kit (76410-09). Now you have one of two ways to go from here.

If all you want is connection for the rider, you can get the Boom Audio Communication Switch Kit (77173-08). the kit has connections for the rider only. Nothing for the rear speakers or passenger to connect. This kit includes the Console pod assembly (for the rider headset), Speaker switch (switches the sound from the fairing to headset) and the Left hand Handlebar control assembly (This has the controls for the CB). This will give the rider the radio as well as the CB going to the headset.

Now if you want to have the connections for the passenger headset, as well as the rider, you will need the Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (77108-09A). This kit also has the Left hand Handlebar control assembly and Speaker switch. The Rider headset connections are different. It does not use the Console pod assembly. It has the rider connections near the seat. It also has the passenger connections that are mounted on the rear fender. It can be mounted with or without the Detachable Docking Points. This will give you the CB as well as the Intercom. Now the Harley site says this kit is not for the FLTRX, but will work on the Street Glide (FLHX). But if you look, the Road Glide Custom is just like the Street Glide. So it will work.

You can add the rear speakers too. I did and kept the Tour Pak detachable. But that is another story. Good luck with your ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts