Road Glide banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hmmmm.....lets see....ultra cool + wards fsc + full synthetic oil = cooler temps, less heat stress on your engine, more effective lubrication, more comfortable rides during the heat of summer and in stop-n-go traffic....about $600 worth of add-on thermal control devices...assuming these two products work as advertised and since I actually get to ride my bike everyday (12,000 miles in five months...and still rollin' :D) more than I stare at it, I think I'll be doing this before I add any more aesthetic improvements...

And the tuner...let's not forget a tuner and no-cat headers ;)

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I'm not on a 15, but mine works great. Oil temps never go over 230 to 235. The fan comes on at 230 and that only happens when I get caught in traffic.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks i got caught in traffic the other day & i couldnt take it any longer , had to ride the shoulder. Having onced owned a goldwing for 7 years , i was like WHAT THE FCUK ........ im going to give it a try....

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
I have the Ultra Cool and Wards fans, if you're sitting in traffic, they will help the engine and oil, you will still burn. :eek:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the Ultra Cool and Wards fans, if you're sitting in traffic, they will help the engine and oil, you will still burn. :eek:
Interesting...and makes perfect sense given their function and design. Ultimately, there needs to be a way to divert the heat DOWN and AWAY from our thighs, knees, and calves that's mere inches away from the radiant heat of a super-heated air-pump, insulated only by denim, leather, poly-textiles, or the instinctive reactive movement of your legs for not wanting to come in physical contact with anything that HOT:eek:...thermal barrier header-wrap type material for the inseam portion of one's riding pants anyone?:cool:

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
Interesting...and makes perfect sense given their function and design. Ultimately, there needs to be a way to divert the heat DOWN and AWAY from our thighs, knees, and calves that's mere inches away from the radiant heat of a super-heated air-pump, insulated only by denim, leather, poly-textiles, or the instinctive reactive movement of your legs for not wanting to come in physical contact with anything that HOT:eek:...thermal barrier header-wrap type material for the inseam portion of one's riding pants anyone?:cool:
There's a company near Tampa who has a prototype of a device behind the rear cylinder that draws the heat away. I can't think of their name now, but they also have a reverse mechanism that works off the rear sprocket assembly.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just put on the UC with my new 124, seems to work well so far. Ran it as hard as my abilities would let me last weekend for a couple of hours in mid 90's weather and never went above 250. Running in town after with traffic ran about 220

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just put on the UC with my new 124, seems to work well so far. Ran it as hard as my abilities would let me last weekend for a couple of hours in mid 90's weather and never went above 250. Running in town after with traffic ran about 220
Very cool:D...did you happen to notice any difference in radiant heat from the engine between your legs?....say compared to a non-UC equipped Harley?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hell my oil temp was up to 266 yesterday in traffic , i was just waiting for the bike to blow up or ME.... Got the Ultra cool in the mail yesterday plan on installing it when my new lower fork tubes arrive, so i can just do it all at once

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice...good to know!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.