Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 RGU.
I'm getting ready to change the front fork oil and the shop manual shows one volume (317 ml or 10.7 oz). It looks like this is after pulling the forks apart for inspection---so a dry fill.
Is there a different amount to put in when just draining from the bottom fork plug and refilling?
I've attempted to find this amount in the manual, but have had no luck----the fact that I can't find it doesn't mean it's not there. If you find it, please direct me to where you found it.

Thanks for any help
Craig

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Just did mine a few weeks ago , let it drain for a day , didn't pull the tubes down , put that amount of SE Heavy in each side , no more nose dive ..

There wont be much left , after it drains down , straddle the bike and bottom the forks a few times ..

JtB

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
It always best to measure what you take out , if your not disassembling. You don't want more in one side than the other.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Drained the forks a while ago and got 10 oz from each side. Does going back with 10.5 sound like a reasonable compromise?
Yes, you'll be fine. A little more gives a stiffer ride, a little less , less stiff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.