Road Glide banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in April I asked about seat suggestions for taller riders and still haven't gotten one yet. I'm thinking about getting the Mustang Super Touring Vintage one piece seat with backrest. It moves you back 1 3/4 inches which is what I'm wanting. I mentioned this to a friend of mine that has a thweet glide and he suggested I get a used ultra classic seat and backrest and save some money. I asked him if that seat moves you back and he wasn't sure if it did or not. So, my question is if any of you know if that seat does move you back farther than stock or not. If it doesn't it won't work for me and I'll just get the Mustang.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I don't know about those seats, but I have two RG's and have Road Zeppelins on both & I'm 6'3". With the stock seat that was on it my knees were up around my neck. Plus these seats are comfy.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have a stock Ultra seat on mine and feel like I'm almost on top of the tank.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Stock Ultra seat will push you up on the tank. The only stock seat I've found that will give you more room is a SG seat from 08-09. It is flatter behind the rider and let's you slide back. Not real comfortable for long rides unless you let Mean City rework the padding.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I was riding a Mustang and it sat back just rught. But it broke down after about 6k miles and I went back to my original ultra seat. Like others say, the stock seat puts you on the tank.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Back in April I asked about seat suggestions for taller riders and still haven't gotten one yet. I'm thinking about getting the Mustang Super Touring Vintage one piece seat with backrest. It moves you back 1 3/4 inches which is what I'm wanting. I mentioned this to a friend of mine that has a thweet glide and he suggested I get a used ultra classic seat and backrest and save some money. I asked him if that seat moves you back and he wasn't sure if it did or not. So, my question is if any of you know if that seat does move you back farther than stock or not. If it doesn't it won't work for me and I'll just get the Mustang.
The Mustang Vintage solo seat worked for me. I tried 4 different seats before this one. Seems to be what I was looking for. If I ever need to take a passenger, I'll just buy the back 1/2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.