Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen quite a few of the Harley adjustable shocks for sale on various forums, and I'm wondering if the 12" version of these shocks will work on my 2012 Ultra with stock height Progressive Monotubes in the front end?

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
The ultra shocks are 13" and the custom shocks are 12". Yes they will work

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ultra shocks are 13" and the custom shocks are 12". Yes they will work
So will the inch less length be noticeable while riding or in the handling of the bike?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
So will the inch less length be noticeable while riding or in the handling of the bike?
Looks wise you wont notice the 1" drop in the rear. In fact it was one of the first mods I did to my last two RG's to lower the seat height. Handling wise there not really a noticeable difference either other than it will make it slightly easier to scrape the floor boards when leaning hard in turns.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys, appreciated, now I just have to figure out if this is really the way I want to go?

I have Progressive 444's right now, but I have them with the HD springs and I am only get 3/4" of sag at the lowest tension setting, so I guess I could ship to Progressive for a spring change or sell them and go in another direction? Being in Canada makes shipping costs and cross boarder duties (even on repairs) prohibitive.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2013 RGU and put the 12" on mine with no problems.
How do you like the ride with them Dennis? What's your weight, do you ride 2 up a lot? I'm finding the Progressives very stiff, but again probably the spring rate.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys, appreciated, now I just have to figure out if this is really the way I want to go?

I have Progressive 444's right now, but I have them with the HD springs and I am only get 3/4" of sag at the lowest tension setting, so I guess I could ship to Progressive for a spring change or sell them and go in another direction? Being in Canada makes shipping costs and cross boarder duties (even on repairs) prohibitive.
If they ride to your liking and don't top out, I wouldn't bother with a spring change. I run my Ohlins with about 3/4" sag.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Vast improvement over stock. I got the Harley one mostly because they were on sale. 100.00 cheaper than progressive. Just had the mono's installed in the front.
Ride 2 up most of the time. we ain't little people. I know if I don't have the wife on it ride real stiff. Unless I dial them down. Really liked the difference in cornering compared to the stock shocks. Looking forward to how much different the mono's make.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts