Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these? How do ya like it, does it do the job? Looks to be about $200 cheaper than an OilBud cooler.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have one installed, I love it. You will definitely notice a drop in oil temp. The fan kicks on at 220 and shuts off at 180, easy wiring and easy to read instructions. My engine now runs at about 220ish, even in city driving (nyc) rarely gets above 280...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I just put one on a couple weeks ago and noticed that it's running 10-15 degrees cooler just because of the large 17 row heat exchanger versus the stock piece of shit. Like Cobra said fan on at 220 off at 180. so far for my normal back road riding she is right around the 200 mark some heavier traffic 220 and running her hard on the slab 80-90 mph no higher then 240 so far. It's got my seal of approval!!

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I had the old style, and had one of the oil lines get damaged while the bike was in for repair, the owner convinced me to upgrade to the new style (Reefer) for a very low cost, I was really happy with the old style, but must admit the new one is more effective, I can ride a bit longer before the fans kick in. I've been very happy with the product and customer service.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Anyone have one of these? How do ya like it, does it do the job? Looks to be about $200 cheaper than an OilBud cooler.
I purchased one. I have a few other install items to complete first, then will work on the UltraCool. Hopefully weekend after the upcoming.

For those DYIers that have installed, any tricks learned, how much time.

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Kooler

I also have the old style with a chin spoiler (that's why I'm keeping it).
It works. I've had problems with the oil lines as well. I'd love to have the new lines (they won't retro).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oil Bud

I think you will find the Oil Bud is more expensive due to better quality. My oil temp never gets over 200 on the freeway and runs around 210 in city traffic. Easy install with no fans to go bad or have wiring problems with. Oil Bud keeps it simple and it works.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you will find the Oil Bud is more expensive due to better quality. My oil temp never gets over 200 on the freeway and runs around 210 in city traffic. Easy install with no fans to go bad or have wiring problems with. Oil Bud keeps it simple and it works.
I do like the simplicity and look of the Oil Bud, and the fact it does not rely on fans that could go bad. Are there any draw backs to it other than the $600 price tag? Is the drain plug easily accessable, looks like it may be hard to drain oil from pics? Would like to add oil temp guage and ditch the worthles air temp guage when I add the cooler. Is there a kit with matching guage from Harley? or is there a better option out there?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I do like the simplicity and look of the Oil Bud, and the fact it does not rely on fans that could go bad. Are there any draw backs to it other than the $600 price tag? Is the drain plug easily accessable, looks like it may be hard to drain oil from pics? Would like to add oil temp guage and ditch the worthles air temp guage when I add the cooler. Is there a kit with matching guage from Harley? or is there a better option out there?
No problem changing oil. The Oil Bud will accept the Harley OEM temp probe. I have yet to find any draw backs to Oil Bud. It works!

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Jims vs. Oilbud vs. Ultracool vs. Jaggs which is better? pros and cons? go!
Unless you test all 4 or at least 2, how do you tell? I guess the best thing to do would be to read all the reviews then figure which one suits you best. Personally I have the Ultracool and love it, started out with the original, upgraded to to a mishap and getting a great deal, and since with certain things I don't believe in fixing things that aren't broke, I'm sticking with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts