Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New CVO seat pt. #52000368 or new Hammock pt. # 52000003A..
Really conflicted.....

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Really conflicted.....
Ive got a Hammock Im fixing to sell if your interested. Its got maybe 1k miles on it.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I haven't ridden with a CVO seat but "borrowed" a Hammock demo from the dealership and can say that they are pretty comfortable. Still shopping though... not sure if this helps. I have found a few heated touring Mustangs with drivers backrest on ebay (@$950) but not sure how much those postings can be trusted.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remembered i had a hammock seat that i bought for my 2013 road glide. SO>>> I tried it out today. Well :(
I now think I need a seat that puts me back..not up or down, just back.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Really conflicted.....
I have both. Long haul trips it's the Hammock. Anything under 300 or so I'll run the solo. Best of both rides for me

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
That hammock looks like one comfy saddle for a long day.
Its very comfortable. It sits me a little higher then I like for my height. Other then that its perfect. my Corbin has me right where I want to be and its ostrich and looks bad ass I got it really cheap other wise I wouldn't have gotten it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems the new hammock is deeper than the older model. Only problem I have is the back sides on the hammock. It made it clumsy to get my legs down to road when stopping...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
FWIW.....I borrowed a hammock from my local dealer for a "weekend of riding". Immediately went to a road close by that I knew was pretty rough, unbelievable! It "will" be my next purchase when I can come up with the xtra $$$$. For me it will eliminate the need to upgrade the suspension. Just my .02 worth.

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Seems the new hammock is deeper than the older model. Only problem I have is the back sides on the hammock. It made it clumsy to get my legs down to road when stopping...
This is true. I had a hammock on my 08 Street Glide. Very shallow compare to the one on my 16.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For now, when I ride, in order to feel "compfy" I slide my ass back and up, almost on top of the stock seat.
So, if the hammock will not put me back any...well, no go. I did sit on the CVO style seat and it seemed that it allowed me to move back some. I guess maybe the only alternative is the TallBoy....

·
Registered
437 Posts
For now, when I ride, in order to feel "compfy" I slide my ass back and up, almost on top of the stock seat.
So, if the hammock will not put me back any...well, no go. I did sit on the CVO style seat and it seemed that it allowed me to move back some. I guess maybe the only alternative is the TallBoy....
Not to further complicate this but have you looked at a Sundowner deep bucket? Might check it out if you routinely carry a passenger. It’s not very stylish but sits me down and back pretty good, and actually provides cushion (and room) for the passenger. I’m 6’5”.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem solved...I hope.
Went to local dealer. They had tall boy in stock. We set it on my bike..did not screw it down. I sat at it and it seemed to put me where I want, so I bought it.
The next days of riding will leave me with a smile, a small smirk, or looking for back pain pills. Oh, and I will be getting a backrest...soon.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Research. Well, now I know what may be the culprit. 2013 RG seat was 29.1 inch from ground, 2018 RG is 25.9 from ground.
Lower foot boars might do the trick but the only ones I found lower 2 inches, and that is too much for my liking.
so, how to raise my seat an inch or two.....

..and the quest continues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts