Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been all over the forum looking everyones bars and still cannot decide what i want.... i believe I want 12" to avoid having to extend anything and given that I'm on the short side 5'8"... been looking at spooky fast and road6 naked bars....

open to any suggestions / recommendations

Also if theres anyone local Southern New England willing to meet up with me to show theirs that would be super helpful!

Thanks Wiretie44

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
I went with 13" LA Choppers Twin Peaks.
Used the stock lines and wire extension were not needed.
13" is as long as you can go with replacing the lines.
Here are a couple of pictures on my 2015 RGS.
Swomack

·
Registered
6 Posts
The stock Handlebar clamp is made for bars with 1 1/4" center diameter, so unless you want to replace the clamps also, keep that in mind. I put the LA Choppers 13" Twin Peaks on my 15 RGS, but had to replace the clamp to make them work, since these bars have a 1" center. Something else to keep in mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks Good, Do you have any issues with your bars or mirrors hitting the windshield, Im looking to go with a taller windshield and I was wondering if my 14" bars would hit Thanks
I have stock screen no problems

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
I will make a suggestion that if you are going to do internal wiring, the wiring extension kit is only about $35.00 for the 15 RG Harley Tall Boy handle bars, which has a 12" rise per Harley. Not a big cost to have plenty of wiring to work with on handle bars up to 12/13 and maybe 14 inch rise, IMO. I have the Tall Boy handle bars and that kit gave me plenty of wiring to work with.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just got an email back from Wild1; the original 610 outlawz are too narrow for the '15 instrument cluster but they are also making ones that are wider in the base to clear on '15s. Just an FYI for those interested.

RE

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
One small point to add when changing bars are that the stock clutch and brake MC clamps will need to be replaced with the shorter style used on other HDs, unless your bars are drilled for the clamp locating pin.
I grounded that pin off...problem solved.

Reactions: Catfish Bluesman
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.