Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most are aware Northwoods Maine moved South and became everybody's favorite Uncle. Every year since SW IV Uncle fuzzy has organized a weekend Meet & Greet at the Town & Country Motor Inn in Shelbourne NH. Well Kevin isn't headed north anytime soon so I figured I keep it going until he comes back this way next year.
With NC SW late July I figured I'd wait until Sept to set something up. Well the T & C is booked solid with ATV and other events in Aug & Sept. I have no problem finding another hotel, but before I go through the process I figured I'd see how much interest there is. I'm looking at the weekend of Sept 23/24. Anybody interested?

See you at SWVII.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Hey glider rider, thanks for keeping the tradition alive. I can't make the entire weekend but like to do the day trip on Saturday. If anyone is interested, I am in central mass 495/mass pike area if anybody wants to tag along.

·
Registered
738 Posts
weekend of Sept 23/24... Is there gonna be snow that far North?....LOL... My family lives in Manchester so i'm gonna follow this and put in a Definite Maybe

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your title makes it sound like he is not longer with us
He is alive and well. Maybe I should've called it Northwood's Maine Gone But Not Forgotten Tour.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I was wondering where Northwoods went - I had met up with him a few years back - good to here he's still around- I'm up in the Conway area so if it comes about I'd definitely make a day trip out of it........

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,265 Posts
Gentlemen (and ladies) - as Mark Twain once said ..... "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!". I'm alive and doing very well in SW Florida, and within a week now, I hope to see most of you in Cherokee for a bit of a reunion. Wes, thanks for trying to keep Uncle Fuzzy's Charity Ride alive in my absence. As you know, it's mostly an excuse to spend a couple days with terrific riding friends we haven't seen in a while, but we also do good work by throwing in a donation to support the New Hampshire Fish and Wildlife canine unit. This invaluable unit is a major factor in finding lost folks who have wandered off into the wilds, or maybe it's a mentally challenged individual who wandered away from their yard and have gotten lost. The canine unit isn't officially funded by the state and survives to do it's terrific work through donations for food, health care, and training. Even a couple hundred dollars in donations goes a long way towards keeping them fed and healthy. I know that this 'charity' is important to Wes and Belinda (being the consummate "dog people" they are) and I hope you'll help them keep this small friendly charity ride alive.

I wish I could be there this fall, but I'll have to live it vicariously through you folks this year. However, I plan to make a trip back to northern New England in Aug./Sept of 2018 and will rent a bike for a week to be able to ride with old friends from New England ..... (and those wackos from Long Island). I've moved a long ways south, but as you can see, I haven't "lost that loving feeling" for you guys yet! I still laugh my ass off every time I think of last years Saturday evening group dinner.

See you in Cherokee!

Peace and love,
Uncle Fuzzy

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For details see my new post on "NH Meet & Greet"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts