Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2020 FLTRK
172 Posts
Thank you for your input...in your opinion which is the best for what I'm looking for?
They both do a great job with wind, but neither is very "sporty". The profiles of both aren't as sleek as clock werks and some of the others. Madstad is the most versatile bc it's adjustable. you are able to fine tune it a little for angle and height, but it is the most unconventional looking.
the freedom sport touring puts you in a large protected bubble. it even keeps wind off my shoulders.
ROAD GLIDE® Windshields 2015-present – Freedom Shields
in general, anything over 10" i recommend light tint on. at that height you need to be able to see through it to see close to you.
my bike is a daily driver and often ride 75+miles a day. my two cents, i'm interested to see what you decide.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone wee the sales going on at LRS.. Long Ride Shields?
They have several windshields for between $40 and $80 on a super sale starting today.
They are good windshields.. Personally I run the Freedom sport and Windvest.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Anyone wee the sales going on at LRS.. Long Ride Shields?
They have several windshields for between $40 and $80 on a super sale starting today.
They are good windshields.. Personally I run the Freedom sport and Windvest.
They have 0 windshields for 14-Up Road Glide available during the sale.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Windvest shields have a unique and more aggressive curve at the top of their shields. This directs wind upward and higher over your head. It also does a pretty good job at keeping the air flow above the passengers head. This is why many 2 up riders prefer Windvest and since your concern is for your passengers comfort this shield should work for both of you. If looks don't matter Madstad works well. The adjustability is convenient but IMO it doesn't fit the design flow of the RG. I prefer the looks of the Windvest. I ride 99.8% of the time as single and use a Freedom shield I'm happy with. My brother in law went with a Windvest because he does ride 2 up occasionally and says it does keep his passenger out of the wind.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Ive always read how well the Madstad works. I just cant get over the look of it. No problem with it on somebody else's bike, but not mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have two RoadGlides, a 2012 Ultra and a 2020 Limited. I put the Madstad on the 2012 years ago, and on the 2020 within a month. Comfortable at 80mph, able to listen to radio and converse with my wife.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Ive always read how well the Madstad works. I just cant get over the look of it. No problem with it on somebody else's bike, but not mine.
Agree but if the bike sits most of the time and not get used, I can see that. The bikes that get maybe 500 miles a year on it. But most on this site do a shit ton of miles. So function over fashion.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
No problem at all if someone wants that shield. I just dont want it. There bike they can do whatever they want with it

·
Registered
7 Posts
They have 0 windshields for 14-Up Road Glide available during the sale.
Just an FYI. Not looking for any arguments:
They currently have their acrylic Stingray and Thresher normally $175 windshields for $79.99. Which are for 2015 & newer.
You are correct ..they were not in the Halloween sale...
Just in the regular sale going on now. Still $80 is a steal.
Enjoy,

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Like all my HD upgrades, I invest many, many weeks of research before pulling the trigger. Hate sending shit back. Going to give Freedom shields a go. KW looks badass, but the reviews are not the best, I like to do miles on my bike, not a Peacocker.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
21 - 37 of 37 Posts