Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike used at the dealership. The crash bars, passenger floor boards, highway pegs, handle bars, and brake/shift lever were already painted. But, it's not like a paint, it's sort of matte finish but alittle rough. I think Krylon or Rust-oleum makes the paint from the looks of it, but can't tell if it's professionally painted or not.

I can't really explain it, it's sort of a fine/rough texture. I really like it, but there's a few issues I have.

1. I don't think the bike would look good covered in that type of black out paint.

2. I'd have to repaint all those items if I do go the black out route.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Congrats on the new bike do you have any pics.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the new bike do you have any pics.
Congrats on you bike purchase. If changing color best to powder coat those items, hold better than paint.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Lol, I've bought this bike in Oct '13. Below is the photo I used for my newcomer thread.

I don't want to change the color just yet, I like the texture and look of the paint thats on the bars and others mentioned. Just trying to figure out what kind of paint it is, so I can spray some things to see if I want the rest of the bike that type of paint.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Is that Petersons South store? Have the dealer contact the former owner and ask them what they used.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it a wrinkle finish?

There are some good wrinkle finish spray cans out there, and of course powder coating
I don't know, it sort of reminds me of bed liner, just not as rough.

Is that Petersons South store? Have the dealer contact the former owner and ask them what they used.
Yeah it is, I didn't know they could do that.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Yes.... they can look up the previous owner, they probably won't give you the owners info to protect their privacy, but they can find the info you want if the previous owner is willing to provide it.

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 15 of 15 Posts