Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing new brake pads I have noticed some squeaking as the from wheel rolls. It only squeaks as it toucks the rotor on the exact same point every time around. Does anyone have any suggestions or have ever had this problem.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Did you install ceramic pads? If so, they can squeak.

I haven't installed pads on my bike, but when I do my car and truck! I use CRC anti squeal between the calipers and pads.

Also, if you got any grease on the rotor, that will cause a squealing noise. If you think that's the problem, clean your rotors with Brake Clean or some type of brake cleaner.

I am assuming your bearings are OK.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea my bearings are fine its nothing big just noticable at slow speeds. They were cheaper pads from china, so that may be the problem. Ill try brake cleaner tho. THanks

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Sounds like you may have a brake rotor slightly warped. If you do not feel any vibration under braking, other than the noise being a nuisance I would not worry about it to much.

There is a procedure for cleaning your caliper pistons shown on the Lyndall website. Sometimes this will help as it allows the piston to fully retract back into the caliper keeping the pads from rubbing on the rotor. Might be worth a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts